DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2019

Brian Fowler

Recent women wrestlers in the WWE HOF include Trish Stratus, Lita, Alundra Blayze and Beth Phoenix. Molly Holly needs to be in the HOF at some point. I'm saying that as a fan of Molly. Nobody has a bad word to say about her. I'd also like Victoria there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Recent women wrestlers in the WWE HOF include Trish Stratus, Lita, Alundra Blayze and Beth Phoenix. Molly Holly needs to be in the HOF at some point. I'm saying that as a fan of Molly. Nobody has a bad word to say about her. I'd also like Victoria there.

I’m sure both Molly and Victoria will be in. They are the last of that era that really should (Gail Kim and Jazz will probably never go in at this point lol) 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 9:47 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I'm definitely definitely definitely not defending Lawler, but he was acquitted. LT took a plea bargain and is a registered sex offender.

This is much more complicated than this.  She was a runaway, who was basically being human trafficked.  L.T. was only even offered a plea deal because he went out of his way to assist with human trafficking investigations.  It was fairly apparent that L.T. loves prostitutes, he doesn't love 16-year-olds.  Lawler on the other hand...I'm not sure we could make that same claim.  

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 5:41 AM, The Natural said:

Jacqueline and Ivory as well, no? Molly's time is coming. It has to be. In fact I'm surprised they threw it to Wilson before Molly and I'm saying that as a fan of both.

I love Torrie. She made sense at a time where the landscape was very different. Never the greatest in the ring, but her stretch as the female face of SD for those years produced noticeable results of improvement. I believe the old rumors that the Divas title introduced on SD was very close to being created yrs before McCools run for Torrie. She was a draw though. Made the company a lot of money. Huge promotional/marketing tool, never had to struggle to get a big reaction, all of the T&A/Diva stuff she did got over, great as a valet. It's good she is getting recognition. Something to cover the stain of Sunny.

Nakano is an international legend. She parted ways with the WWE on shaky terms though, so it could be a toss up.

13 minutes ago, AverageKong said:

Jacqueline and Ivory as well, no? Molly's time is coming. It has to be. In fact I'm surprised they threw it to Wilson before Molly and I'm saying that as a fan of both.

I love Torrie. She made sense at a time where the landscape was very different. Never the greatest in the ring, but her stretch as the female face of SD for those years produced noticeable results of improvement. I believe the old rumors that the Divas title introduced on SD was very close to being created yrs before McCools run for Torrie. She was a draw though. Made the company a lot of money. Huge promotional/marketing tool, never had to struggle to get a big reaction, all of the T&A/Diva stuff she did got over, great as a valet. It's good she is getting recognition. Something to cover the stain of Sunny.

Nakano is an international legend. She parted ways with the WWE on shaky terms though, so it could be a toss up.

Wilson is more of a celebrity since she dated A-Rod so she gets in first. Simple WWE math. (That's not a value judgment, just a statement).

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

Lawler on the other hand...I'm not sure we could make that same claim.  

Lawler wasn't acquitted. The prosecution halted the case when both 13 year olds refused to testify.

48 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Wilson is more of a celebrity since she dated A-Rod so she gets in first. Simple WWE math. (That's not a value judgment, just a statement).

But Stacy dated George Clooney. I'd think that's bigger than Wilson dating Alex. 

1 hour ago, ka-to said:

Itsuki Yamazaki would have made sense for New York. When they started that crap about the first women's tag team champions, I knew that wouldn't happen.

I would be utterly stunned if they put her in alone. JBA would be cool, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it happening ever.

• Like 1

At this point they haven't named their deceased candidate... so it could be Jim Neidhart. But it could be Vader or Bam Bam Bigelow as well. 

I'm more interested in seeing if they do a Heritage Class this year. My candidates would be Sam Muchnick, Paul Boesch, Dick the Bruiser, Don Leo Jonathan, El Solitario, Jumbo Tsuruta, Jack Claybourne and Vivian Vachon.

Curious who inducts them. Figure it probably has to be the Usos or New Day?

There aren't too many rivals that make sense. Animal. Sting. Regal. Robert Parker. Sid seems in bad taste. Who wants to put the Nasty Boys in front of a live mic? Likewise the Steiners. Hall and Nash? 

Who on the roster did Booker train?