DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2019

Brian Fowler

Since WM is in the Northeast which was pretty much ECW country, why not induct Paul Hayman? He's from New York and still with the company. He's worked in and with almost every territory over the last 30 years. And he ran one of the most revolutionary and influential promotions in wrestling history.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

So Shawn and Bret both get their second induction this year? Interesting.

Also good way to get Chyna in.

Edit: I assume AEW is either letting Billy do this, or his agent contract lets him take outside bookings?

And then next year, the Rockers and Evolution both get inducted, putting Flair and Michaels on three rings whilst Hunter is level with Bret on two.

• Haha 1

As someone who's peak fandom was pretty much at the same time as peak DX, I'll never understand why that stable seems to be remembered so fondly.  They were corny to me as a teenager, and it got worse as the years passed.  I get why they're in the hall of fame, based on who's in charge, but I remember them being annoying more often than they were good.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

The Union was awesome because their theme was just a remix of the Nation’s theme.

With that being said, The Nation should be in the hall of fame.

Inducting the Nation would be a way to sneak Owen in.

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

As someone who's peak fandom was pretty much at the same time as peak DX, I'll never understand why that stable seems to be remembered so fondly.  They were corny to me as a teenager, and it got worse as the years passed.  I get why they're in the hall of fame, based on who's in charge, but I remember them being annoying more often than they were good.  

So much of their shit made me embarrassed to be a fan. I remember a couple times watching Raw with my parents in the room during some of their more raunchy skits and immediately switching to Nitro. Both they and the NWO would totally kill large portions of the shows with overly long in ring segments, but the NWO segments were just boring as opposed to cringe-worthy.

If/when the nWo goes in the HoF, I know it will likely only be the Hall/Nash/Hogan version, but I think an argument could be made to include Waltman in that group as well. Him jumping to WCW/nWo as Syxx really helped solidify the nWo in it's early stages. And then another argument could also be made for Sean Waltman going in on his own. X-Pac a three time HoF'er? Who'da thunk it? ;)