DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2019

Brian Fowler

22 hours ago, colonial said:

There was a report, I believe from Meltzer, that this year's Hall of Fame ceremony is a "low priority", though he doesn't explain why that's the case (possibly lack of a "big name" inductee? I've heard Rock, Taker and Batista floated as the possible big name, but no one's sure if the former and latter are available and no one's ever sure about Taker).

I can imagine there being some sort of backlash if Owen is inducted without Martha's blessing, and the WWE has presumably tried reaching out to her to find some kind of compromise. Understandably, she wants nothing to do with it (IIRC, she did grant her blessing for Owen to be inducted into the Tragos/Thesz HOF last year, and eventually accepted his plaque).

Another issue with a Hart Foundation 97 nomination is Pillman -- can't imagine the WWE wanting to deal with his widow, given reports about her behavior and actions following her husband's passing.

I don't think there'd be any backlash at all if Owen went in with the rest of the Hart Foundation. Zip. 

Maybe Bix would write an article?

I like that like 9 dead people have been named when we know they put in 2 max (and its usually 1 if any at all)

BTW - some folks think they spoiled the Undertaker getting inducted because he was listed as a Hall of Famer when they announced Superstars being added to the Network

On 2/4/2019 at 9:06 PM, Web Conn said:

Hogan will be a 3 time before everything is all said and done. He'll be in as Hogan, nWo, and The MegaPowers.

Hogan is in as an individual and is a racist

Savage is in as an individual and is dead

They aren't doing a special MegaPowers induction

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I like that like 9 dead people have been named when we know they put in 2 max (and its usually 1 if any at all)

BTW - some folks think they spoiled the Undertaker getting inducted because he was listed as a Hall of Famer when they announced Superstars being added to the Network

1.) Most of the best people left are dead? Some of the rest will actually be better inductees after they've passed. Wrestling sucks.

2.) To be fair, The Hart Foundation idea is and always has been the best way to put in DBS/Owen/Pillman through dodging that entirely. It would have been an even better idea last year, but now they sort of lost their chance. I could see them inducting the smaller unit and then just rubberstamping the rest in a year or two on the website as something they did this year even if it's not what they actually did. 

Actually at this point I just expect them to use their "Legacy" picks one year to dump all the dead 80s and 90s folks in with no need to worry about an induction ceremony which is pretty much what you are talking about too

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sounds like a year where guys that could pretty much go in any year, like Christian go in.

Bam Bam still should be inducted in New Jersey. King Kong Bundy as well. 

Unless they're doing Mania in Canada in the next few years (I'd be shocked if they were) why the hell isn't the Rougeau family in?

I'm hoping Christian gets his due at last, he's played the bridesmaid when compared to Edge. Christian's underrated.

Echo the rest you say.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Saying "fuck Hogan' never gets old. That category also includes "fuck Randy Orton" and "fuck Saudi Arabia and their blood money".

I sort of wish that Hogan would move to Saudi Arabia, so one big FU would take care of it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ace said:

She should go in regardless of where they are.

Agreed but considering she was on the short list the last time they were in NY, I have to assume she will be again until Vince decides Flo Rida should go in instead

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They aren't putting a dead musician in

I know, wishful thinking on my part. I mean, it beats the hell out of Flo Rida and Pitbull. Besides, HHH's eulogy for Lemmy was one of his best promos.

Lemmy isn't just a dead musician, anyway.

• Like 1

I feel like I always have to put this caveat that people forget anyway but....there is no logic and the Hall of Fame is the random whims of Vince McMahon and the celebrities will be whoever Vince wants to suck up to at that moment no matter how flimsy their connection to the WWE is. (Think Arnold Schwarzenegger)

Now saying that - I am trying to think of celebrities that "make the most sense" (see above for the folly in that)

And this is working under the assumption they induct a celebrity

Connection to New York Division

• Cyndi Lauper
  • Regis Philbin
  • John Stewart
  • Lawrence Taylor
  • Pee-Wee Herman

Other Folks

• Maria Menounos (Could also be Warrior Award candidate)
  • Shaq
  • Flo Rida (More likely at a Florida Mania)
  • Pete Rose
  • Hugh Jackman
  • Mark Cuban (though makes more sense when they go back to Dallas)

I am picking just Flo Rida because he performed at two different Manias and some RAWs. If i included every person who showed up at one Mania, we would be here till Christmas.

8 minutes ago, ARMDRAGON said:

Pete’s already in. 

What's funny is I was debating with myself if he was already in and I was like "You know you could just look it up"

Clearly that was too much effort