DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2019

Brian Fowler

It would make more sense to do the 97 group. Sneaks Owen in, clears four deceased guys at once, can have Bret give the speech. It's not like Jimmy needs a second induction.

Also puts Bret in the same level as Flair before Hogan gets there and, well, I'm still a Hitman mark

• Like 1

Hogan will be a 3 time before everything is all said and done. He'll be in as Hogan, nWo, and The MegaPowers.

@Ace Induct Hogan Hall and Nash as the nWo maybe throw Randy Savage in there just cuz and Bischoff cuz why the fuck not. 

I know this is gonna sound callous and uncaring put I don't know how else to put it but thye should Induct Ted Turner while he can still string cohesive sentences together.

6 minutes ago, Ace said:

I don't see why Hogan would get a second induction. I find it highly doubtful they'd induct the nWo as a whole.

There was a lot of talk about it a few years ago, before the tape leaked.

43 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The hold up with with the '97 group as a whole, and Owen is Martha Hart. I don't see anyway she ever changes her stance. 

Changing the stance nothing- Martha Hart is one of the few people around it where I would not be shocked if she put a "1972 US Olympic basketball team" clause in her will, just to make sure none of her descendents could ever agree to put Owen in the Hall of Fame.

If they do that and bring Harley in for Mania Weekend I hope they sit him down throughout the weekend and film him talking about his career. He doesn't have many shopping days left (guess that would have been a nicer way to put Ted Turner) and I don't think they've done a career retrospective on him yet.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

If they do that and bring Harley in for Mania Weekend I hope they sit him down throughout the weekend and film him talking about his career. He doesn't have many shopping days left (guess that would have been a nicer way to put Ted Turner) and I don't think they've done a career retrospective on him yet.

Compliment the eventual Network special with a playlist full of footage they’re sitting on and you’ve got a deal. 

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:40 PM, Brian Fowler said:

Which, it's really late for this to be the first reported induction.

There was a report, I believe from Meltzer, that this year's Hall of Fame ceremony is a "low priority", though he doesn't explain why that's the case (possibly lack of a "big name" inductee? I've heard Rock, Taker and Batista floated as the possible big name, but no one's sure if the former and latter are available and no one's ever sure about Taker).

I can imagine there being some sort of backlash if Owen is inducted without Martha's blessing, and the WWE has presumably tried reaching out to her to find some kind of compromise. Understandably, she wants nothing to do with it (IIRC, she did grant her blessing for Owen to be inducted into the Tragos/Thesz HOF last year, and eventually accepted his plaque).

Another issue with a Hart Foundation 97 nomination is Pillman -- can't imagine the WWE wanting to deal with his widow, given reports about her behavior and actions following her husband's passing.

Sounds like a year where guys that could pretty much go in any year, like Christian go in.

Bam Bam still should be inducted in New Jersey. King Kong Bundy as well. 

Unless they're doing Mania in Canada in the next few years (I'd be shocked if they were) why the hell isn't the Rougeau family in?

• Like 2