DVDVR Message Board

The Man Comes Around - Raw - 2/4/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I think if anyone questions whether or not Becky is going to win at WrestleMania, they're crazy. The real question is, who takes the pinfall/submission - Charlotte or Ronda? Because I think that's where most of the paranoia stems from - the fact that they're obviously going to make this a triple threat. I'm... okay with it, I guess. I rather see the completion of this story between Ronda and Becky culminate in a singles match, but either way it's going to be a really good match.

The outcome of the RAW women's match isn't up in the air, like it is with Brock Lesnar's match every year. I could see that going either way. But, obviously, 99% of this board would rather Lesnar retain because LOL ROLLINS SUCKS, though. It wouldn't surprise me one way or another if Lesnar retained, or Rollins wins. But the outcome isn't for sure like Becky/Ronda/Charlotte(?) seemingly is.

8 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

See the paranoia in this thread? That’s why Charlotte should be in this mix. 

Becky will win at Mania. Just like even I know she should. No doubt in my mind. 

WWE is going to keep beating the shit out of you, and you're going to keep saying you fell down the stairs, aren't you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

WWE is going to keep beating the shit out of you, and you're going to keep saying you fell down the stairs, aren't you?

If Becky loses, I’m not being abused. Same as if Charlotte gets added to the match. 

Everything about their booking right now says they hear the people. If they’re inclined to toy with emotions, so be it. That’s what the ought to be doing. 

If you feel WWE is beating on you, you can always reach for the door. But that’s a you problem, not a me problem. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If Becky loses, I’m not being abused. Same as if Charlotte gets added to the match. 

Everything about their booking right now says they hear the people. If they’re inclined to toy with emotions, so be it. That’s what the ought to be doing. 

If you feel WWE is beating on you, you can always reach for the door. But that’s a you problem, not a me problem. 

The only thing I feel about WWE is indifference.

• Like 2

I can’t decide if Dean is really leaving or not. Im still leaning toward “yeah,” and tonight is a good reason why. EC3 got zero reaction. O think one of wwe’s biggest problems is a vast overestimation of how aware fans are of the nXt product. 

There is literally nothing i enjoy about Seth Rollins, but part of me also thinks getting the belt off Brock would help the show tremendously. 

Raws biggest issue, imo, is that there’s just too many people at the same level. No one is a star. It’s not even the 50/50 booking. It’s the presentation. I get why Ambrose would be frustrated, if that’s true. Let the stars be stars. 

Ruby Riott’s gonna be great as one of the linchpins of AEW’s women’s division. She’s so much better than she’s been booked. 

• Like 2

The stuff I liked

-Charley Caruso: Mean Backstage Reporter.  "Bayley and Sasha, are you worried about your MASSIVE FAILURES holding you back?" "Apollo Crews, don't you think Kurt Angle is just terrible and embarassing?" "Kurt Angle, aren't you COMPLETELY HUMILIATED by your losses?" "Dolph Ziggler, why don't you dress your age?"   "Dean Ambrose, didn't you QUIT last week?"
-Nia saying she was going to take Becky's slot at WM was some A++ heeling.  The crowd reaction was terrific.
-Lio Rush wrestled and didn't get squashed.  This was a fun segment
-Ryder telling Hawkins that they misspelled his name last week, then admitting that he doesn't even know how to spell his own name was pretty good stuff.
-Renee saying EC3 "Got lucky" with Corey implying that Renee would withhold sex from Ambrose because of that loss and Renee going completely silent (Because she was almost definitely laughing too hard) was silly and fun.

The stuff I did not like

-"Welcome to Raw, OH MY GOD, Becky is here! Wait, wait, let's show you a replay of Royal Rumble.  So, now Becky remember last week with Ronda?  Let's show a replay of that, too." was one of the worst introductions to a show I've seen since the Baron Corbin 10 minute promo leading into the Baron Corbin 20 minute match intros of last fall.
-I like Heavy Machinery but they are definitely heading in a Bushwacker 2000 direction.  The Caterpillar should be busted out once every couple months.  The Bushwacker walk, the same.  Every single time is like Scotty 2 Hotty 2K19.
-Ronda's tiny shorts.  Last night I watched Bandido-Haskins on ROH TV and in the middle of being slammed, you could see Bandido reach up and adjust his mask in the middle of it.  And THAT was less distracting then Ronda picking out a wedgie every 15-20 seconds.
-The Jeff Jarrett nostalgia pop at RR was nice.  The extended JJ-Elias feud, co-starring the Roadie is perplexingly bad.

The stuff that was just baffling
-Stephanie suspending Becky for being injured a full two months before WM.  Where was this rule when Seth was set to face Triple H at WM and kept getting hurt?  That would've been great for all of us.
-Apollo Crews suggesting that the guy from AOP has his hand up Drake Maverick's ass upsets the guy from AOP, but not Maverick?
-Dean accusing Nia of being in love with her.  I love how the crowd went from "Oooh, Nia is gonna get her comeuppance!" to "Oh no, he's just going back to making jokes again."
-EC3 continuing to be mute, but wrestling when he's clearly a much better promo than wrestler is just...
-The referee disqualifying Strowman for punching a wrestler when he wasn't the legal man when every single tag match ever features this spot was just so stupid.

• Like 5

The suspension stuff was weird, but I'm always up for Steph getting her ass kicked. I assume Becky is getting kept off so she doesn't distract too much from Ronda's stuff before WM. I actually like how led into the backstage faceoff, and Ronda going after Riott Squad. They seem to be playing on Ronda getting shook whenever she deals with Becky. I just want her to explode and go full heel already.

Loved Sasha's murder a bitch face after Charly called her and Bayley out for their failure to take down Ronda. The stuff they did with Alicia and Nikki was actually good. You didn't necessarily believe the two would win, but it did a lot to create some actual tension in the qualifying match with Sasha and Bayley.

The 4-way tag was fun though mostly a showcase for Heavy Machinery. I'm actually liking how they are building Ryder and Hawkins coming together again.

I skipped the Elias/JJ stuff. It just makes no sense of whatsoever to me.

Kind of like that they are following up to the Nattie/Dana stuff from last week.

The rest of the show was just kind of there for me. It wasn't super terrible but nothing particularly interesting either.

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I liked the team of Nikki Cross and Alicia Fox.  Don't cross the Fox. Their backstage promo was good and the beat down and the match,  I liked all of that. 

Me too. I thought Nikki and Alicia worked well together and think it would be cool if they got a program with whoever ends up being tag champs. 

Charly was just throwing all types of shade last night and I live lol 

I dig unhinged Ronda. But man, they really love to serve up the Riott Squad on a platter. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Its a shame they don't have a TV title because his act of coming out, heeling on the crowd, facing the challenger of the week and sleazing his way to a win (or better yet a time limit draw) is perfect for a belt like that.

Why is this still a talking point again? There are four titles on each main show, one inter-brand title, one title for 205, four titles for NXT, and three titles for NXT-UK. Should we just go ahead and have every single wrestler in the company have their own personalized title, so everyone can be a champion and the titles can mean even less?

7 hours ago, Casey said:

I think if anyone questions whether or not Becky is going to win at WrestleMania, they're crazy. The real question is, who takes the pinfall/submission - Charlotte or Ronda? Because I think that's where most of the paranoia stems from - the fact that they're obviously going to make this a triple threat. I'm... okay with it, I guess. I rather see the completion of this story between Ronda and Becky culminate in a singles match, but either way it's going to be a really good match.

I'd love to hear the argument from proponents of the Mania Triple Threat that Becky going over Charlotte and not beating Rousey would somehow be a better story and get Becky more over than the one-on-one match with Rousey.

7 hours ago, Victator said:

That is more a WWE problem as people bail.

It's only a problem if people actually bail - Eddie's in the RAW thread every week, if he's not going to stop watching then what difference does it make?