DVDVR Message Board

9 hours ago, Dewar said:

Going to freeze my balls off at the Bombers/ Als game today. Might be the first football game ever where I choose to drink hot chocolate over cold beer...

Was there as well. It was actually super nice for most of it. Just broke out the blanket for our legs in the 2nd half.

My dad and I had an entire row to ourselves, I guess a lot of people stayed home to shovel.

Edmonton are into the playoffs but that was still one of the ugliest football games I've ever been to. Trevor Harris can't get healthy fast enough. Defense played fine but just a completely unattractive football game.

I don't think there was a single person in the stadium happy to see Mike Reilly get injured. He got a really nice ovation from all the fans behind the BC bench when he came back out with his arm in a sling. Honestly it was the only real cheering that went on for a couple hours there.

11 hours ago, elizium said:

Was there as well. It was actually super nice for most of it. Just broke out the blanket for our legs in the 2nd half.

My dad and I had an entire row to ourselves, I guess a lot of people stayed home to shovel.

The sun coming out was a delightful surprise. We sat behind the Bomber bench, so we were not in the warmth of the sun once the game started. Thankfully the wind and rain stayed away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm just happy the odds of getting murdered while cheering for the Ticats in Calgary has gone down greatly without the Riders or Stamps in the game. Although without them there, I can see the atmosphere being a little less crazy than the last time I was in town.

• Like 1

Edmonton's season ended as it mostly was all along: They were okay, but clearly not great, and Jesus did they enjoy shooting themselves in the foot in big moments.

Hamilton might be the least respected by the media 3-loss team in league history. What they're pulling off with a guy that started the year as their 3rd string QB is astonishing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DouglasC said:

I'm just happy the odds of getting murdered while cheering for the Ticats in Calgary has gone down greatly without the Riders or Stamps in the game. Although without them there, I can see the atmosphere being a little less crazy than the last time I was in town.

On the bus home passing through Syracuse. That was just about the most awesome sporting event I have ever been to live. After the game everyone in the Stipley Neighborhood and all down Barton St were going crazy celebrating, it was awesome! 

If I ever figure out how to post pictures from my Instagram here, I have Strevler rolling down Portage Avenue in a fur coat with no shirt on from the parade today. Someone's Bomber flag got in the way, otherwise I would have caught him Sandmanning a Bud Light. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

If I ever figure out how to post pictures from my Instagram here, I have Strevler rolling down Portage Avenue in a fur coat with no shirt on from the parade today. Someone's Bomber flag got in the way, otherwise I would have caught him Sandmanning a Bud Light. 

This is not mine, it's from a friend on FB.

YMNoGsQ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jason Maas has been relieved of his duties as head coach in Edmonton.

I think the writing's been on the wall for Maas for a while, whether you agree with it or not. I think he's a good football mind. But it's hard to ignore his team's consistent discipline problems, his constant incineration of his coach's challenge, and 3/4ths of good games.