DVDVR Message Board

• 2 weeks later...

So is Johnny Passed Out On a Duck the first player to ever be banned from an entire football league.  I mean guess you can argue Kapernick is banned from the NFL by way of blackballing but I can't remember any players permanently banned from the NFL.  Even Alex Karras and Paul Hournig after the gambling scandal in the 60's were allowed back in after a few years

Travis Lulay officially retired. Was always a really entertaining player, it's just a shame the back half of his career featured so many shoulder injuries. He was definitely a guy Edmonton fans loved to hate and helped make those games more fun to watch. I'll miss the guy.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Boy do the Als seem like an absolute gong show these days. On top of no one actually wanting to own the team, they just fired Mike Sherman on the eve of the regular season starting. Khari Jones (who honestly could probably throw his name into the hat to be QB if he really wanted to) is the new interim head coach.

It was actually a fun game last night. Edmonton were very sloppy, which is the only way you can have 600 yards of offense and not run away with it. Montreal actually played alright for the most part though. I can see them not being as bad as feared.

Also Ottawa is leading Calgary with 1:15 to go. Good.