DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2019 NXT DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Side note - is that the first time they acknowledged Roderick and Marina are together? 

They probably have but memory sucks

Its the first time since Strogn joined UE. Before then there was video on Strong's life, and Shaffir played a small part in the feud with Roode.

48 minutes ago, Edwin said:

If only this led to Sara del Rey making a return to challenge Shayna for the title...

Why stop at del Rey? They should have Shayna murder Deeb and Stock in title matches as well.

Okay it all makes sense now

Based on Twitter - the aforementioned NXT show tonight is all mixed matches due to Valetine’s Day so that explains partly the UE video from earlier too

@RIPPA you got a quote from what Meltzer said about KUSHIDA? I read elsewhere Meltzer said he's training at the Performance Center, but WWE wants to keep this quiet.

8 hours ago, Edwin said:

@RIPPA you got a quote from what Meltzer said about KUSHIDA? I read elsewhere Meltzer said he's training at the Performance Center, but WWE wants to keep this quiet.

It is exactly one line in the WON

Kushida is also there but WWE wants to keep that name secretive for now.

Now in the new format of the WON - that is just a recap of the Monday radio show so he could have elaborated there.

That being said - that was Monday. I have already seen a few people claiming that KUSHIDA is no longer there.

On 2/14/2019 at 3:34 PM, JonnyLaw said:

And Bobby Roode hitting on/harassing Marina.

And then beating Roderick up right in front of his family. God that feud was great. Should've ran it on a TakeOver.

• Like 2

Yes

I was more talking the other title (and potentially more now due to the special announcement)

Part of this is because I realized they might be starting 4HW vs. 4HW sooner rather than later and they might need Baszler to not have the title

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

What's the word on the special announcement? 

It's all just rampant speculation for what it could be. Maybe FS1, maybe it will be live, maybe 2 hours instead of 1, etc.

5 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I think the announcement will be NXT moving to 2 hours a week.  There are 2 taping left before Takeover, but only 4 episodes left till then (not including this week).

There are 7 weeks left (counting this week)

Takeover is Friday April 5 - its only Feb 20

So three taped tomorrow

Three weeks at the 2nd taping

The other speculation I've seen is that it'll be announced that NXT will take part in the Superstar Shakeup. So, yeah, that means NXT guys can leave - but main roster performers can also get traded to NXT.

19 minutes ago, Casey said:

The other speculation I've seen is that it'll be announced that NXT will take part in the Superstar Shakeup. So, yeah, that means NXT guys can leave - but main roster performers can also get traded to NXT.

I hope that’s the case. This was a second round of recent NXT callups and they haven’t done anything with either yet, let alone the glut of guys they aren’t doing anything else with.  Personally, Heath Slater and the Major Bros could stand to get some fresh air in NXT.