DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2019 NXT DISCUSSION

RIPPA

What's weird is I thought he was already signed with them

Maybe what I am remembering is the reports that he had signed and this is just folks making it official

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Gabe must have loved that. Fucking Dragon Soldier B?

Was the session on how to ruin a potentially really good tournament?

That was one of my reactions upon finding out. The other....fuckin' Dragon Soldier B?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Throw in Drew Gulak and we have a dream face faction to face the Undisputed ERA.

We need a rematch on TV.

I was there. Fun show in what is basically a high school/college gymnasium. It reminded me of seeing ROH at venues like the Pennsylvania National Guard Armory, Inman Sports Club, and Basketball City. I was shocked as hell Riddle was on this show. I was thinking Keith Lee was going to be the mystery partner for Burch & Lorcan. 

My favorite match of the night was either the six man tag or the main event of #DIY vs. Ricochet/Velveteen. Every match was solid, maybe with the exception of Deonna Purrazzo vs. Bianca Belair, which was kind of sloppy at points.

A very family friendly environment and at intermission, a local Toms River boy, who is a cancer survivor and his sister were given a bunch of merch for answering a trivia question.

My only gripe, no Undisputed Era.

• Like 2

Here is the stuff that happened on the Florida show yesterday

Adam Cole defeated Brennan Williams
Rhea Ripley & Reina Gonzalez defeated Lacey Lane & Mia Yim
Eric Bugenhagen comes out and cuts a promo
Babatunde Aiyegbusi defeated Luke Menzies
Aliyah & Riddick Moss defeated Humberto Carrillo & Xia Li
Keith Lee defeated Punishment Martinez
INTERMISSION
The Undisputed Era defeated Rinku Singh & Jeet Rama
Promo from Dory Funk Jr.
Chelsea Green defeated Jessie Elaban
MAIN EVENT: Aleister Black defeated Kona Reeves

Eddie - who was the face in the Dijakovic/Ohno match?

It's funny...I went to high school there before they had the mini arena. My friend teaches there and said it was very distracting having the WWE trucks outside the classroom all day. 

The last time WWE ran that building was right after they relaunched ECW with a so-so show. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Loki said:

It's funny...I went to high school there before they had the mini arena. My friend teaches there and said it was very distracting having the WWE trucks outside the classroom all day. 

The last time WWE ran that building was right after they relaunched ECW with a so-so show. 

A so-so WWECW show sounds pretty par for the course for that experiment.

Correct, Dijak has been working face for some weeks now. But that's modern WWE. Just randomly turn people just because. ??‍♂️

Where's Raúl Mendoza? Is he injured?

10 hours ago, Edwin said:

Correct, Dijak has been working face for some weeks now. But that's modern WWE. Just randomly turn people just because. ??‍♂️

Dijak doesn't do anything particularly face like. He was playing the monster heel the last time he was on nxt tv. He was the face by default last night. That said, he got a nice pop when he hit "Feast Your Eyes" on Hero.

Not Dijak or Hero related, but during the War Raiders vs. Aichner & Barthel, there was a smattering of "Walter" and "We want Walter" chants. 

Dijak has worked face in Orlando before. I don't think they are set with him yet.

They do the same with Adrian Jaoude and Taynara Conti.

You got War Raiders/EU? God, I need that at the next tapings.

I went to the Lowell show last night and had a really good time.  

Seemed to be cut and pasted from what they did in New Jersey a couple of nights ago.  

Riddle seemed to be the most over.  He did a bunch of power moves, just tossing guys around and getting the win for him, Lorcan and Burch.

They announced the show as a sell out and I can’t argue with it.  This is my fourth straight Lowell show and none of them in my history had done that.  I can’t wait for the next one.

• Like 2

Aside from the talent used on these road trips, they seem to have better setup than the Florida loop, too.

The Florida shows just seem like platforms where they keep it simple and give the members of the roster who usually don't make the TV tapings or the road trips a chance to showcase themselves in front of live crowds.

I’m not really sure what to make of Dijak. They kind of treat him like a striker but his dumb knee finisher looks so weak, he doesn’t fly as much as he used to which was really his only calling card, and they present him like a big bad ass but then he jobs to Tyler Bate in a throw away tournament match. Guys like him and Punishment Martinez look out of place in a fed full of high end workers. Unless I’m missing something?

I feel the same for both guys, to be honest.

I'm also not sure what to make of Dijak's entrance. He seems like an uncoordinated goof doing whatever it is he's doing on the ramp.

And yeah, not sure what's Punishment's deal. I've said it multiple times -- he's one of the people I enjoy watching the least on any of the events I attend.

I have a soft spot for Punishment. Athletic huge dude that looks like a reject version of The Crow? Yes, please! His lack of charisma will limit his upside though.

To see what Dijak is capable when everything clicks, check out his match with Keith Lee at BOLA in 2017. Such a perfect way to end their pretty great feud (and short lived Monstar team). It's on a shady website if you google it. He definitely has pretend tough guy presence though, with bad forced mean faces. I think you can work on him doing something different with his persona and probably find a very good wrestler in there. Promos and presence are real weak spots though. And stop shouting your finisher out.

You're right, that's a really good match that I forgot about. I'm gonna watch it right now. It just seems odd to hire a guy because he can do those things and then have him not do them. Same with Keith Lee really, but he gets by on his power moves. Maybe they just want to save the highspots for when it means something, which I would actually approve of now that I think about it.