DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

Yeah, Roderick has been good in ring wise for years, but to me he was very robotic until his current run with TUE.

Same with Fish and O'Reilly. They've always felt very Davey Richards-like.

Now as a group they come across entirely different. They really compliment each other and have come a long way promo and character wise.

I think some people just have a lot of trouble believing that indie guys actually can improve through working in WWE because that involves saying the Big Evil WWE Machine is actually 1. better at something than the indies and 2. there is actually some value to sending "name" indie guys to the PC and NXT sometimes. I don't know how anyone can't see the improvement in KOR's character work unless they are actively trying not to see it.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I think some people just have a lot of trouble believing that indie guys actually can improve through working in WWE because that involves saying the Big Evil WWE Machine is actually 1. better at something than the indies and 2. there is actually some value to sending "name" indie guys to the PC and NXT sometimes. I don't know how anyone can't see the improvement in KOR's character work unless they are actively trying not to see it.

It's a little crazy to me that we're still really litigating this in 2019 in general. I honestly think it comes down to belief and identity. It's really hard to fight belief centered around one's self-identity. 

Lads, it was a joke. Although I can't help but notice that a lot of the guys who you are saying are better now are in NXT. See what a year on the main roster does to them and then render a verdict.

• Like 1

If I have a choice of seeing Jon Moxley doing deathmatches for next to nothing, or Dean Ambrose go through the motions on the main roster, I'll pick the latter every day of the week. I've never seen a Tyler Black match, so I don't know if it's too terribly different from Rollins' WWE work or not. I've seen matches from Cesaro, Owens and Zayn's indie careers, and there's no question I enjoy them more in WWE.

Also, I really do hope it was a joke since you pulled out the star rating card and that shit is entirely opinion based. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Who is saying this? I think there is a middle ground on this like with most things. In some ways, Kevin Owens has made tremendous strides since joining wwe but in other ways he is now a chinlock machine, overly reliant on character work, and formulaic. I didn't even really like his in-ring work on the indies, as he was a ridiculous spot machine. I'll take NXT Zayn over Generico all day, though there wasn't much wrong with the latter except a dumb gimmick. Bryan's character work has come so far since being an awkward promo on the indies. Neville/Pac went from a bland mechanical genius to a complete pro wrestler who is now a master at weaving his character into everything he does in the ring. 

But KOR was this good on the indies. I was beating that drum for the last two years of his indie run but many had built up the idea he was still a Davey Richards clone and couldn't get past that. 

On 2/25/2019 at 9:42 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Zack Sabre, Jr. would make JBL JUST TAP OUT.

On 2/25/2019 at 11:56 AM, Goodear said:

That's quite the non sequitur.

zack_sabre_jr_render_by_mvcvalli-da9pba8

Not when you consider that TAKA is ZSJ's manager & hypeman.

• Like 2