DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Has anybody ever done a spot where they did every dirty handed tactic behind the refs back? Like the manager distracts the ref. Heel then eye gouges the wrestler, closed fist, low blows him, brass knucks, and tops it all off with the feet on the ropes. All in one fluid motion.

Jericho tried his damndest to fit in every heel tactic possible during his RR02 match against The Rock. There was a ref bump, he kicked Rock in the nuts, rammed Rock's head into the exposed steel turnbuckle and then got the pin with his feet on the ropes. And Lance Storm and Christian interfered in the match earlier.

• Like 1

It's a shame Tully was so hard to deal with and had drug issues because I feel like Vince would've been a mark for all of the little heel mannerisms he did and might've given him a little singles push. Not a main event guy but he could've been in the IC scene as a cocky little shit that you wanted to see get his ass kicked.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ryan said:

When did the DQ disappear for a ref literally staring at a low blow? Or was that a NO RULES MATCH. I've blocked everything but the botched fireball from my mind.

My favorite part of the HH98 ppv was Tony S saying, "WCW officials are going to have to look at banning that maneuver because we've seen it a lot tonight" after Scott Steiner's 12th low blow on Rick Steiner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:32 PM, AxB said:

It's the odd thing with Roman, he's built like a power wrestler but everything in his moveset is a standing strike or a running strike. No holds and barely any throws. There was a theory a couple of years ago that he's actually not a legit strong guy, but his name is up on Cena's gym wall for that powerlifting achievement deal he does. Maybe he's not allowed to do lifting throws because he's one of those guys who doesn't know his own strength and he just tosses people recklessly, like a Steiner brother would?

Roman has had hernia issues for a while. His guts came bursting out his side just before a PPV in September 2014. He wears a hernia belt to help with that, one of the reasons he keeps the vest. It covers where the belt comes over his waistline.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Roman has had hernia issues for a while. His guts came bursting out his side just before a PPV in September 2014. He wears a hernia belt to help with that, one of the reasons he keeps the vest. It covers where the belt comes over his waistline.

Hernia flak jacket.

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

That and the Deep Impact DDT are the two things he brings to the table.

When he gave a shit and was younger he was fairly athletic and capable of a lot of things. Around the end of last decade he stopped giving a shit for the most part.

7 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Pbzqfv1.gif

Makoto Hashi was my kind of wrestler. Intense, charismatic, underdog who was brilliant at telling long-term story arcs in the ring.

Kanemaru is the opposite. Technically proficient but never engaged at the emotional level and pretty much by the numbers in terms of storytelling/match structure. He's also not very good in making his opponents shine these days unlike Despy, who's so fucking good at it! And as stooging heels, that's what they need to do more than anything.

17 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Makoto Hashi was my kind of wrestler. Intense, charismatic, underdog who was brilliant at telling long-term story arcs in the ring.

Kanemaru is the opposite. Technically proficient but never engaged at the emotional level and pretty much by the numbers in terms of storytelling/match structure.

Replace intense with techniclly proficiet and that's how I feel about Shiga, too.

That Kanemaru description is spot on and also describes Minoru.

12 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Kanemaru is the opposite. Technically proficient but never engaged at the emotional level and pretty much by the numbers in terms of storytelling/match structure. 

I thought for a long while his gimmick was kind of a salary man wrestler, a guy who's just there to do his job and even if it's not his passion he's still pretty good at it. Then I realized that's just how he is.

6 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I thought for a long while his gimmick was kind of a salary man wrestler, a guy who's just there to do his job and even if it's not his passion he's still pretty good at it. Then I realized that's just how he is.

As I said, watch him before a certain point, he actually used to show emotion and care at times. Especially, in the early days of NOAH.