DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

Just a few .gifs that I captured over the last month or so.

1. I have never seen this move before

giphy.gif

2. I have never seen THIS move before

giphy.gif

3. I like how Brown Sugar (I forgot dude's actual name) did the "Drop Down" onto his BACK, and I also found it interesting how he sold the enziguri. (I rarely see anyone sell it by falling to the side.)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Because it looks terrible?

It’s not THAT terrible. He seems to be selling it in a professional wrestling way that you sell a kick towards the left side of your head. He’s an enhancement guy who probably spent too many hours for any sane person, being berated by of all people Buddy Lee Parker (shitty, midget Brock). What are you expecting? 

It’s not as bad as you’re making it to be. Of anything, there should be some modicum of praise on Liger not taking liberties and delivering a nice (given the circumstances), glancing, yet believable blow to the head. 

Nobody there or watching later thought it sucked, except maybe a half-dozen at best. Even then, it’s nitpicking. 

It’s Liger on Pro (or Worldwide, or whatever the fuck). What expectations are there?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Edwin said:

CmTpdii.gif

#ThankYouGulak

Oh God, I haven't even watched this, and I'm thinking to myself "Why isn't this gimmicky looking dude on Raw getting his ass handed to him every other week?". Raw would be so much better if they booked one hour like if it was an episode of WCW Saturday Night.

25 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Raw would so much better if they booked one hour like if it was an episode of WCW Saturday Night.

I miss TV C-Shows, not that 6:05 on Tha Mothaship was (you know what I mean), but you bet your ass I was glued to the tv at my grandparents house for those Saturdays, noshing on the best local pizza joint at the time, grandad at my side, watching along. The end of terrestrial tv in ‘09 (I think, I’m not so clear) when it all went digital killed that. Not that anything but WWE was around then, but that was the end of analog broadcast.

The two threads here made myself (others I’m sure) pine for the days where at 1, 2, 3 am, I could (this is for the South NJ/Philly people) switch on WGTW or WMAC, and just catch random matches the stations decided to pick up  

Fuck. I miss those days. 

None of what I said made any sense, probably. I’m running on 4 hours sleep in a 36 hour time frame. 

Being a young wrestling fan was awesome because you weren’t salty and all you wanted to do was watch wrestling. You really didn’t give a shit. It ruled. It’ll never happen again and I miss those wrestling salad days. 

Sorry for making you waste time reading this ramble-thon. I’m going to bed and disappear for another couple of weeks. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

It’s not THAT terrible. He seems to be selling it in a professional wrestling way that you sell a kick towards the left side of your head. He’s an enhancement guy who probably spent too many hours for any sane person, being berated by of all people Buddy Lee Parker (shitty, midget Brock). What are you expecting? 

It’s not as bad as you’re making it to be. Of anything, there should be some modicum of praise on Liger not taking liberties and delivering a nice (given the circumstances), glancing, yet believable blow to the head. 

Nobody there or watching later thought it sucked, except maybe a half-dozen at best. Even then, it’s nitpicking. 

It’s Liger on Pro (or Worldwide, or whatever the fuck). What expectations are there?

You could just be like hey this guy got to wrestle Jushin Fucking Liger once in his life wtf have you done?! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I miss TV C-Shows, not that 6:05 on Tha Mothaship was (you know what I mean), but you bet your ass I was glued to the tv at my grandparents house for those Saturdays, noshing on the best local pizza joint at the time, grandad at my side, watching along. The end of terrestrial tv in ‘09 (I think, I’m not so clear) when it all went digital killed that. Not that anything but WWE was around then, but that was the end of analog broadcast.

The two threads here made myself (others I’m sure) pine for the days where at 1, 2, 3 am, I could (this is for the South NJ/Philly people) switch on WGTW or WMAC, and just catch random matches the stations decided to pick up  

Fuck. I miss those days. 

None of what I said made any sense, probably. I’m running on 4 hours sleep in a 36 hour time frame. 

Being a young wrestling fan was awesome because you weren’t salty and all you wanted to do was watch wrestling. You really didn’t give a shit. It ruled. It’ll never happen again and I miss those wrestling salad days. 

Sorry for making you waste time reading this ramble-thon. I’m going to bed and disappear for another couple of weeks. 

I feel you. Growing up as a young wrestling fan in the 80s in Toronto was pretty amazing too. There was a time frame in the mid 80s that on a Saturday afternoon you could watch WWF, NWA, AWA, All Star Wrestling from Vancouver and International Wrestling from Montreal. Goodtimes.

Scissors 

Spoiler

SoupyMisguidedDodo-size_restricted.gif

[Mod note - A guy gets literally stabbed in the back...  This needs to go behind a spoiler box.  Fucks sake.]

Edited by Dolfan in NYC
GRAPHIC CONTENT.