DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

1 hour ago, KidKash202 said:

I know we love to act like the old dudes are out of touch, but that made no got damn sense ?????

I loved Rip getting raked over the coals by Sean Waltman and multiple legit MMA fighters a while back for a very uninformed remark about kick pads and I think he is full-on out of touch old man 90 percent of the time. I also laugh at him being an outspoken arbiter of learning how to work when the majority of his in-ring heat was gotten because he wore pink tights and put his hair into pony tails like anyone in the South couldn't have gotten heat just by doing that back then, and he was ultimately the epitome of a "competent solid hand" for that era. 

Bandido is also on my current "watch every time no matter who he wrestles" list.

But goddamn the old man is right here. I will be a happy man if I never see a dueling no-sell Fighting Spirit spot on a head or neck drop maneuver ever again. It was bad enough when indie guys starting doing that with German suplexes a few years back. 

• Like 3

I used to argue for the "It's not a no-sell, it's a delayed sell" when Kobashi was popping up from headdrops, hitting one lariat and collapsing. But that only works if the delay on the sell is a second or two and the desperation grenade is a simple strike. Stuff like in that gif is just finisher killing ridiculousness. Treating Canadian Destroyers and reverse Ranas like they're armdrags, fuck off.

• Like 5

These ROH gifs truly bring back memories.

That entire Cabana/Homicide angle where Homicide kept pushing Cabana to the limits until he broke and to get serious was amazing. Julius Smokes was such a fitting hype man for the Strong Style Thugs. Really wish ROH would put all of those older events up on Honor Club so we could revisit them.

That Jimmy Loves Lacey angle with Whitmer was great, too. Possibly the best thing Whitmer has ever been involved with in his career. Lacey toying with Jimmy, Jimmy composing the Ballad of Lacey and then Jimmy going Age of the Fall and Lacey then following him around was some great stuff.

So many great forgotten ROH angles -- Generation Next vs. the Embassy, Morishima's reign of terror, the Danielson vs. Nigel series, ROH vs. CZW, etc.

Everything was so excellenty executed that even someone like Abyss -- who is the exact opposite of someone who should be working for ROH at the time -- found a place and fit in perfectly.

12 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

We need an angry option for emoji’s.? ? 

I'm more angry at the idiots clapping.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jacobs vs. Whitmer

Image result for jimmy rave roh gif

Image result for jimmy loves lacey gif

Still the single craziest moment I've ever been in the building for. I thought Jimmy was dead. I was on the opposite side almost in a straight line from that corner and I swear to God I thought Jimmy was dead. Then BJ was the one who actually ended up injured (which means, based on what she said, Jimmy got to touch Lacey!)