DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Things are bad when you're being outsmarted by Jim Duggan. DDP should have pulled Mean Gene in front of him.

19 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

DDP I believe just stopped living under bridges at that point. So cut the man some slack. Also Duggan was like a ninja. Dude naturally knew the vision cone of everybody around him. Look how he moves his upper body to get right behind Gene’s line of sight. That takes skill, and years of training to attempt something like that every Saturday at 6:05 PM right after Braves Baseball on TBS.

It's because Duggan went to college

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

What sport is that they're doing in the Funk/Watts clip? I've never seen anything like that. 

Holy shit is the worked punch a lost art. 

I thought Jarrett’s on this past Raw were incredible. But Elias was playing ball with his selling which is just as important as the worked punch. I wonder if JJ stepped him aside, and told him that.

It’s also really not hard to bring it back. It’s all in how shitty the heel throws punches, and the way the face milks the better looking punches on the comeback. It’s not just a generational thing as shown this past Monday with the way the crowd reacted. Which bring me to my big pet peeve when people say “You can’t put the genie back in the bottle”. That’s complete bullshit. That’s such a bullshit way of getting out of taking responsibility for shitty booking.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:25 PM, Oyaji said:

What sport is that they're doing in the Funk/Watts clip? I've never seen anything like that. 

Holy shit is the worked punch a lost art. 

I totally agree with your sentiment, but wasn’t Funk famous for not working his punches? Like, he’d just punch you?