DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

He did that on the last Impact with two guys hanging on the ropes, Santana neck hanging on the top rope and Ortiz doing that standard Sabu legdrop hang. He walked the ropes, stepped on the back of Santana's head and jumped off his head to stomp Ortiz.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:43 AM, Betsy Zeidler said:

IDK why this STILL feels so much bigger than later cage stuff, especially with the cage seeming to be so much shorter than in later years.

Maybe because that was 600+ lbs. of beef crashing to the canvas, and most "heavyweights" nowadays weigh about 215 apiece?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

Maybe because that was 600+ lbs. of beef crashing to the canvas, and most "heavyweights" nowadays weigh about 215 apiece?

Plus that was back in the day when the WWF had the really hard ring. That had to hurt like a motherfucker.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Things are bad when you're being outsmarted by Jim Duggan. DDP should have pulled Mean Gene in front of him.

DDP I believe just stopped living under bridges at that point. So cut the man some slack. Also Duggan was like a ninja. Dude naturally knew the vision cone of everybody around him. Look how he moves his upper body to get right behind Gene’s line of sight. That takes skill, and years of training to attempt something like that every Saturday at 6:05 PM right after Braves Baseball on TBS.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

DDP I believe just stopped living under bridges at that point. So cut the man some slack. Also Duggan was like a ninja. Dude naturally knew the vision cone of everybody around him. Look how he moves his upper body to get right behind Gene’s line of sight. That takes skill, and years of training to attempt something like that every Saturday at 6:05 PM right after Braves Baseball on TBS.

Duggan may have been the inspiration for Chris Farley's character in Beverly Hills Ninja.

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

In the list of WTF/LOL decisions that in the end had barely any effect on business, the lack of self-awareness to have THAT R-Truth graphic make its debut after THAT PPV finish has to be near the top of the list. People were already in disappointment mode, but that graphic then popping up immediately after fully brought on the nerd rage.

Please refresh my memory to which PPV that was?

3 hours ago, The Great ML said:

Please refresh my memory to which PPV that was?

It was after a PPV ended with something stupid involving Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose. I cant remember if it was the Hell in a Cell that ended with Wyatt's ghost costing Dean the victory, or the following PPV where Dean jobbed to Bray after a TV exploded in his hand. 

12 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

It was after a PPV ended with something stupid involving Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose. I cant remember if it was the Hell in a Cell that ended with Wyatt's ghost costing Dean the victory, or the following PPV where Dean jobbed to Bray after a TV exploded in his hand. 

Anytime we look back on this time and wonder why Dean is done with doing hokey shit, I feel this is the post we should all reference

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If he had his way, Dean would be wherever Masada is at the moment. I assume a homeless shelter or the storage trailer of some death metal band.

• Like 1