DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

If that's what you want to go with. I was going to go with one is way out of his league in terms of talent and stardom as well as having a belt and being American. Oh, and he's not Japanese, that I know of.

8 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Not the other two people in the picture.

Jay Lethal being "out of his league" talent-wise compared to Tanahashi and Okada to me is absurd. Put him in any situation and he'll find a way to make it work. He's proven it everywhere he's gone. Right now ROH has grown a bit stale to some, but he still puts on match of the night quality matches. I kinda liken him to Bryan Danielson's 2008-2009 ROH run. He's pretty much done everything there is to be done and unless some really great angle happens, he'll just be spinning his wheels there. He may not be as popular or have the star quality, but he's just as talented as anyone in the business. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

If that's what you want to go with. I was going to go with one is way out of his league in terms of talent and stardom as well as having a belt and being American. Oh, and he's not Japanese, that I know of.

And here's me hoping you were going to say that Tanahashi's Randy Savage impression sucks, but Okada's is like Randy came back to life and ventriloquised him.

• Haha 2

GeQ4WHe.jpg

Not a photo per se, but a screenshot of one of the best feuds you've most likely never seen, but that I can't recommend enough -- the epic Teddy Hart vs. Homicide feud from JAPW I've been raving about for the past 2-3 years around these parts.

The one match where Homicide just beats the piss out of Teddy and then keeps beating on him, then keeps going, then Teddy gets like a move or two in, and then Homicide just pins him was one of the weirder matches I've ever seen. I swear it must've been twenty minutes and of those twenty likely Homicide had control fro 17 or 18. The fans started off very hot for the ass beating and then they just kind of got bored.

14 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

The one match where Homicide just beats the piss out of Teddy and then keeps beating on him, then keeps going, then Teddy gets like a move or two in, and then Homicide just pins him was one of the weirder matches I've ever seen. I swear it must've been twenty minutes and of those twenty likely Homicide had control fro 17 or 18. The fans started off very hot for the ass beating and then they just kind of got bored.

That entire rivalry was chaotic.

Not sure which match it is you're particularly talking about, but they all build off of each other and they get even even throughout the feud.

Broken bottles. Crazy bumps. Teddy doing moonsaults off vending machines just because he's Teddy. Homicide breaking bottles for the sake of breaking bottles. Teddy rambling about Bret Hart for no reason. Homicide constantly calling out Jim Neidhert. Teddy bleeding endlessly. Uncooperative punches to the mouth. Uncooperative chairshots. etc.

The matches aren't exactly technical masterpieces, but they shouldn't be. They are just wild violent brawls between two guys who legit dislike each other.