DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

10 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Oh man the smart fans must have been pissed back in the day when I would book the Chewbacca figure as a special appearance world beater in battle royals.

That's bullshit. Chewy comes in once a year for a WM payday. He doesn't respect the business. He doesn't give a shit about the boys busting their ass on the road, working Sunday double-shots, not being home for the holidays, numbing themselves with every substance under the sun in order to keep working, so they can keep their spot. When these guys are broke and crippled, will Chewy be there to help with their medical bills or repair their broken relationships? Tell Chewbacca to fuck Chewbacca.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's bullshit. Chewy comes in once a year for a WM payday. He doesn't respect the business. He doesn't give a shit about the boys busting their ass on the road, working Sunday double-shots, not being home for the holidays, numbing themselves with every substance under the sun in order to keep working, so they can keep their spot. 

Man, if you thought Michael Hayes was pissed whenever Dusty and Andre would come into Mid-South for the big Superdome pay days...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, clintthecrippler said:

Man, if you thought Michael Hayes was pissed whenever Dusty and Andre would come into Mid-South for the big Superdome pay days...

I hope Chewy lost a hair vs. hair match.

...and why not? Chewy's entrance music

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, olythegreat89 said:

I used to make belts out of cardboard and glue coins to them.

You sir are a fucking genius. I can't believe this is the first time I've heard of this idea. I had endless Galoob belts for everything but the heavyweight title (which came with my WWF ring)

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I had the Remco AWA Ric Flair and Larry Zbyszko two-pack. I got them for my 8th birthday. Before that, I had the LJN figures. Then it was the WWF Hasbro figures starting with the first series in 1990. The Hasbro figures were my favorite. One of my favorite matches to have was Smash vs. Repo Man. 

Image result for ric flAIR AWA REmco figure

Flair looks suspiciously like Fred Blassie.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

For me, it was absolutely the Hasbro figures.

Me, too. I suppose a favorite depends on when you grew up, but man, I loved those Hasbros (with the Galoobs mixed in). The hours I spent putting cards together: I had one of those tri-fold presentation boards (like kids used for school projects) and would pin up the match cards using WWF/WCW trading cards. I also had notebooks full of event cards I ran. I went back about 10 years ago and re-bought the entire collection. 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, EricG said:

Me, too. I suppose a favorite depends on when you grew up, but man, I loved those Hasbros (with the Galoobs mixed in). The hours I spent putting cards together: I had one of those tri-fold presentation boards (like kids used for school projects) and would pin up the match cards using WWF/WCW trading cards. I also had notebooks full of event cards I ran. I went back about 10 years ago and re-bought the entire collection. 

You went full Jim Cornette! Never thought about using the trading cards to pin up the match cards. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, EricG said:

I did this too with a whiteboard my grandmother scored from her office when she retired. I'd sit there with a bunch of markers trying to draw the SummerSlam logo and shit

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, olythegreat89 said:

wwef_36945105_th_64.jpg

I can never get tired of watching this match.

That brings up a good question: pre-2000, what are the best American babyface-vs-babyface matches where no one turns heel at the end?

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

He should have kept the body bag gimmick. I'm surprised Russo didn't make him a necropheliac in the late 90's.

Oh I'm sure Russo suggested it several times.  Undertaker just had the pull to veto it or the sense to threaten McMahon with retirement and/or going to WCW each time.

• Like 1