DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

6 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

It is. I went to wiki cause I did a double take and said to myself "Is fucking Tony Kanal in the Offspring now?"

He isn't.

I literally did the same thing. 

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trust me, it is. Black with white pinstripes

I know you think you're supporting your argument, but you really aren't.

9 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

It is. I went to wiki cause I did a double take and said to myself "Is fucking Tony Kanal in the Offspring now?"

He isn't.

He's actually been playing with them the last couple months, including their tour of Australia and Japan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

I still miss that guy. Do you think he'd still be going?

If he had Keith Richards genes, maybe. Like Rey he’d probably have had another run in Mexico for AAA, before going back to the WWE. Might have even given Brock his win back during Brock’s current long reign.

Eddie would be 51 years old if he was still alive today. And he was slowing down pretty badly towards the end there. Hopefully he'd have retired years ago.

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

If we are still on alternate realities. Shaul wouldn’t be with Aiden. Eventually Eddie would’ve set her up with Hector Garza’s boy. 

tumblr_inline_nwkw1roVS31tcnx1k_500.gif

I like doing alternate realities. The reality where Owen didn’t die fascinates me.

Bret Hart coming back to WWE around 2002 has always fascinated me which is an offshoot of that train of thought

On 2/7/2019 at 11:52 AM, The Natural said:

2004-2006 was my favourite period in ROH for Samoa Joe's long reign as ROH World Champion in 2004 producing the Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk trilogy. Summer of Punk in 2005, Bryan Danielson won the ROH World Championship in September 2005 holding it till December 2006. Danielson is the greatest ROH World Champion. 2006 gave us the brilliant ROH vs. CZW feud. 2006 gets my vote as the best year in ROH's history.

2003 gets lost in the shuffle a bit but the first half of the year was the first real boom period the company ever had, centered mostly on Paul London being arguably the best wrestler in the world in early 2004. 

Hell, the Epic Encounter is, as far as I know, both the first use of dueling chants and the "Please Don't Tap" chant in wrestling history, and that match EARNED those chants.

• Like 1

2004 had the Midnight Express Reunion, Testing the Limit (I don't know how Danielson/Aries has aged, but I loved it at the time), Generation Next (the 8 man tag from that show was fantastic), and At Our Best (which I showed to several people to introduce them to indy wrestling at the time) among others.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, El Dragon said:

2003 gets lost in the shuffle a bit but the first half of the year was the first real boom period the company ever had, centered mostly on Paul London being arguably the best wrestler in the world in early 2004. 

Hell, the Epic Encounter is, as far as I know, both the first use of dueling chants and the "Please Don't Tap" chant in wrestling history, and that match EARNED those chants.

I assume you just mis-typed. London was in WWE in 2004. His send-off was a world title match against Samoa Joe at the first Death Before Dishonor. That show also had the Punk/Raven dog collar match, and Jeff Hardy's infamous ROH debut.

• Like 1