DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I haven't thought about that dude in years. Is he still around? 

From his wikipedia page, which was last updated five months ago.

D'Angeli currently works as the Director of Marketing and Public Relations for the Cirque Du Soleil shows based out of Las Vegas, Nevada.

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

From his wikipedia page, which was last updated five months ago.

D'Angeli currently works as the Director of Marketing and Public Relations for the Cirque Du Soleil shows based out of Las Vegas, Nevada.

Whoops. I was asking about GLF. I didn't notice the bit of your last post about Sign Guy. I'm assuming you edited that in immediately after I saw your post, because I don't like thinking I'm more blind than I am...

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Whoops. I was asking about GLF. I didn't notice the bit of your last post about Sign Guy. I'm assuming you edited that in immediately after I saw your post, because I don't like thinking I'm more blind than I am...

I notice every once in a blue moon, he'll still post match times for a show on here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I haven't thought about that dude in years. Is he still around? 

He actually got a shout-out in this week's WON for helping put the issue together after the one-two punch of Meltzer's surgery followed by his son getting hospitalized.

1 minute ago, olythegreat89 said:

And Ric Flair drank only milk and Hulk Hogan only used the chewable Flintstones vitamins. Come on guys, the majority of 80s and 90s guys were doing something. 

I was just asking. Crack always seemed like a waste of perfectly good coke to me. Sure, the high is supposed to be a lot more intense, but doesn't last as long. I liked to stretch my partying out and make it last.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was just asking. Crack always seemed like a waste of perfectly good coke to me. Sure, the high is supposed to be a lot more intense, but doesn't last as long. I liked to stretch my partying out and make it last.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Wasn't 2 Cold fond of smoking crack as well?

He mentioned in a shoot interview that he had a crack habit during his Flash Funk days that was impacting his performance and personal life a great deal

https://blogofdoom.com/index.php/2017/06/15/kayfabe-commentaries-presents-youshoot-with-2-cold-scorpio/

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, BobbyWhioux said:

I know the answer to "Why?" is "because Vince" but it really grinds my gears that the company that now has the Big Gold Belt and the copyright on that design (presumably) doesn't bother using it.  Not just for the sake of tradition but because it simply still looks the best.

They don’t own the copyright. Any promotion right now could use that belt design if they really wanted to. They, for whatever reason, just don’t. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

They don’t own the copyright. Any promotion right now could use that belt design if they really wanted to. They, for whatever reason, just don’t. 

well this makes me both ecstatic and furious

• Like 3

You and me both. 

I feel like the reasons are everyone assumes it is copy-written and that they’ll look like they’re ripping off a WWE belt. 

But yeah, many legit beltmakers do offer a big gold design. As well as the Pakistani bootleggers. It’s funny but makes sense some companies use the cheaper belts from over there. I mean, hell, New Japan’s Intercontinental title is a Mideastern bootleg on real leather. Meanwhile their world title was expensive as shit. 

UFC has been using replicas on real leather since 107. Which is smart. Their awful new title is Chinese (I believe, I’d have to check Dan’s twitter) and assembled here in the States. 

If you’re really interested in this stuff, like I am, the Belt Talk forum is a good read. I just lurk there, but have to make a new account every couple of months because if you’re not posting, your account is deleted. 

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

OgLS981.jpg

You know, the WWF did a lot of promotional work in that short window between Aug - Oct 92...the only one missing is Warrior. In a month, Bulldog and Warrior were gone and the Ultimate Maniacs were forgotten. Savage had all of that gear done for nothing.

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

You and me both. 

I feel like the reasons are everyone assumes it is copy-written and that they’ll look like they’re ripping off a WWE belt. 

But yeah, many legit beltmakers do offer a big gold design. As well as the Pakistani bootleggers. It’s funny but makes sense some companies use the cheaper belts from over there. I mean, hell, New Japan’s Intercontinental title is a Mideastern bootleg on real leather. Meanwhile their world title was expensive as shit. 

UFC has been using replicas on real leather since 107. Which is smart. Their awful new title is Chinese (I believe, I’d have to check Dan’s twitter) and assembled here in the States. 

If you’re really interested in this stuff, like I am, the Belt Talk forum is a good read. I just lurk there, but have to make a new account every couple of months because if you’re not posting, your account is deleted. 

Babu got into the bootlegging game after he was deported back to Pakistan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1