DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

I know the answer to "Why?" is "because Vince" but it really grinds my gears that the company that now has the Big Gold Belt and the copyright on that design (presumably) doesn't bother using it.  Not just for the sake of tradition but because it simply still looks the best.

the W belts look bush league, especially for a top level belt, and should be beneath a company the level of the WWE.  (at least the Biodegradable Hemp Parody version is hilarious)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobbyWhioux said:

I know the answer to "Why?" is "because Vince" but it really grinds my gears that the company that now has the Big Gold Belt and the copyright on that design (presumably) doesn't bother using it.  Not just for the sake of tradition but because it simply still looks the best.

Love Big Gold Belt. Best looking wrestling championship belt ever.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

the W belts look bush league, especially for a top level belt, and should be beneath a company the level of the WWE.  (at least the Biodegradable Hemp Parody version is hilarious)

The answer is actually Brand.  Find the WWE logo on the Old Unified belt, then find it on the Modern belts.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

really drives home how crap the modern belts are.

Hmmmmm... The Undisputed Belt did look awesome at the time. But the majority of that time it was on TV,  they used the replica version that looked super flat. They do that with most belts, but that one stood out the most due to the lack of detail, and shine to it.

27 minutes ago, Raziel said:

The answer is actually Brand.  Find the WWE logo on the Old Unified belt, then find it on the Modern belts.  

WWE pushes their brand more than enough. They really didn't need to make their belts look like tacky garbage to do so. It's funny when you see how great the nxt and UK belts look, then see the crap representing the main roster.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You tend to forget a suit, and tie can hide how sleazy one can really be.

Gino with a gun gives a whole new meaning to "I'm gonna have you taken out in a minute"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cool arrow said:

Just as an aside here, Monsoon's real name was Robert Marella, right?  So whence "Gino?"

It was his original ring name, chosen because he was playing up his Italian heritage and "Gino" sounded more Italian than " Robert"...it ended up sticking as a nickname...

30 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

It was his original ring name, chosen because he was playing up his Italian heritage and "Gino" sounded more Italian than " Robert"...it ended up sticking as a nickname...

Especially in the Buffalo/Rochester loop with their heavy Italian population.