DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

I have been playing a lot of catchup on news type stuff so maybe this was mentioned somewhere

I guess on his podcast Jerry Lawler said that Howard Finkel suffered a severe stroke.

I saw this via the new WON with Dave saying

WWE has kept all information on Finkel quiet, and even friends of his didn’t know what was going on. What we do know is that Finkel, who nobody has seen since Lawler said that, has been in poor health since that time and it’s really a sad story.

Dave also mentioned that it is his understanding that Finkel was the go between for all the WWF officials having access to the WON back in the day in that Finkel would get it and then making copies for everyone. 

I'm far from modern New Japan's biggest fan, but everyone steps up their game for the G-1 and if this is a legit G-1 show and not some trash New Japan USA card with Juice Robinson facing Rocky Romero for the IWGP US title in the main event, then yeah, the prices are reasonable.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I thought it was Vince’s secretary that had the Observer sub. 

Prichard talks about it having been Howard's job to read the sheets and tell Vince anything important in them, because Howard loved them anyway.

Which means I at least hope Howard knows he went into the HoF this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

$50 for cheap seats before Ticketmaster's bullshit fees? Nope.

The encouraging thing about the $50 seats is that at the rate New Japan and/or ROH is you could be able to move up to the pricey seat without any issue.  Hell based on the last ROH shows in Texas they may actually beg you to do it.

Becky repeatedly inventing new levels of ethering Ronda is kind of amazing as a grim 2k19 social media spectacle, but the "I'm going to ignore the script and no sell your finisher that doesn't work in real life" stuff as a wrestlemania main event build is the absolute shits

Also I'm pretty sure I tapped a guy out with basically that move in jiu-jitsu training once! My recollection is that he was quite old and tired!

• Like 3