DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

And just to put a bow on this, I'm sorry Johnny but you underestimated how stupid Eric is

-Eric Bischoff

Anyone who somehow thought that Bischoff wouldn't have an idea this dumb is either extremely naive or chews on too many lead paint chips. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well since everything else has "deniers' when the facts are completely there no surprise that wrestling would have Roman Reigns cancer deniers.  I mean how could he possibly be sick when he worked on a movie and started lifting weights and then we was announced for RAW tomorrow.  How could someone so sick do all of this

Seriously fuckers the announcement was 4 months ago.  ?

That's why this is the only place to discuss wrestling one really needs. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well since everything else has "deniers' when the facts are completely there no surprise that wrestling would have Roman Reigns cancer deniers.  I mean how could he possibly be sick when he worked on a movie and started lifting weights and then we was announced for RAW tomorrow.  How could someone so sick do all of this

Seriously fuckers the announcement was 4 months ago.  ?

Not to say I don't believe Roman, because I do, but one, it's pro wrestling and people think they're always being worked. Two, they used his cancer coming back as a storyline the same fucking night he announced it. Third, they never hesitated to keep reminding you that he's sick, he's fighting it, etc.

The smart and tactful thing to do would be to have Roman give his announcement and then nothing else because the more you keep treating a serious disease like a storyline, the more people are going to think it's a storyline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So did anybody read that post by Meltzer that said Arn, and Vince got into it? That’s being called the reason for his firing.

Also, apparently Arn was Cena’s go to agent for laying out matches. This explains why Cena’s matches always involved him taking DDT bumps.

Edited by RIPPA
Fixed link

Im watching the Honor Rising Shows, I'm thinking that with Jericho and Omega still being able to work NJPW shows, I don't think NJPW would want to end their relationship with ROH anytime soon for AEW. The Young Bucks wasn't much of a loss for them at all and Cody didn't really fit with that style though I'm glad he got that experience. I think its cool for them to get to use the Briscoes even if it's less than a handful of times a year. More of the ROH guys now fit well with New Japan. Plus with ROH working with New Japan gives an added upside for guys staying or signing with Ring of Honor for some talent. Plus I think it gives AEW a reason to have a working relationship with a Japanese promotion that is lesser than New Japan  like All Japan,  Dragon Gate or DDT to build back intrest in one of those among fans in the States. I don't watch ROH tv but I might try to start back watching soon because theyve put an effort into shaking things up. I don't want them to be left in the cold after AEW gets running because ROH has a really got roster now and it seems to be rounding out nicely in past few months.

56 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I think it gives AEW a reason to have a working relationship with a Japanese promotion that is lesser than New Japan  like All Japan,  Dragon Gate or DDT to build back intrest in one of those among fans in the States.

Why would AEW care about spotlighting a small Japanese promotion? They're trying to build their own brand. 

22 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Why would AEW care about spotlighting a small Japanese promotion? They're trying to build their own brand. 

I really mean just a Japanese promotion to source talent from like they will be doing with AAA and CIMAs promotion.

6 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I really mean just a Japanese promotion to source talent from like they will be doing with AAA and CIMAs promotion.

I don’t know legalities of it, but they should try to get a couple of those 18 year old luchadores to work a month with the promotion. Those kids tend to bust their asses( like Rey, and Juvi back in the day)more than the older guys they send over.

Ok ok ok ok...I hate to link to anything on Reddit, but this thread is one of the funniest fucking things I've seen in awhile. 

So like it says, Undertaker may be starting a Deadman Talking podcast, but the Reddit comments have the funniest take on what the copy will read like for his podcast ads. Like,  "and with a Casper mattress you too can REST IN PEEEEACE."

• Haha 9

Just now, joseph2112 said:

Seeing this stuff with UT does anybody else get the feeling he really isn't thrilled about the money he is making as a "legend" in the WWE? Because that's really what it looks like to me. 

I'd say you are probably right everything eventually comes down to money.  Jericho wouldn't be in AEW if they hadn't offered him an absurd contract and WWE didn't offer him so-so money.  

2 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Seeing this stuff with UT does anybody else get the feeling he really isn't thrilled about the money he is making as a "legend" in the WWE? Because that's really what it looks like to me. 

Dave kinda implied Taker lost a lot of money at some point.

7 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So did anybody read that post by Meltzer that said Arn, and Vince got into it? That’s being called the reason for his firing.

Also, apparently Arn was Cena’s go to agent for laying out matches. This explains why Cena’s matches always involved him taking DDT bumps.

Man if I'm Cody, I've already called  Arn at least twice trying to get him involved backstage with AEW. 

• Like 4

Speaking of Vice, I'm missing the new episode of Slutever because my almost 91 year old grandmother had to be rushed to the hospital for the second straight Sunday. Oh well, the replay is on @ 1 am. I'm 99.9% sure I'm not going to see 91, nor do I really want to.

• Sad 4