DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

EC3's strength is his talking and character, and that's what would get him over on Raw, so don't do that then. 

And one other thing, they showed the exact same vignette week after week, so you were almost sick of those call ups before they ever even showed their faces. 

I guess it's a tried and true method. Remember when they showed those vignettes of the Million Dollar Man and Mr Perfect before they appeared on television and they were the same thing week after week? No? Never mind then.

I believe we're in the final stretch of impulsive Vince decisions before a meltdown of the ages resulting in handing creative over to Trips and his NXT team. ''You think you can do better PAL?!?!''

I dog on EC3 but he is awful. It's 2019 - You better be fucking good in the ring. I did enjoy his short lived back and forths with the crowd at full sail - then the bell rang and he was 2019 Mark Jindrak. 

18 hours ago, The Natural said:

Roman Reigns:

D0DyYMrXQAA3icH?format=jpg&name=large

Fuckin leukemia, man.  Can't let an angle just breathe and give a satisfying conclusion, always gotta book to the ADD crowd.

(Does "j/k" go without saying ...)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Safe to say it's good news regarding Roman

20190223-191935.jpg

But why has there been no other news, or press releases.  My god, they're doing it to pop ratings!!!! [/Dave]

Wow Roman looks in fantastic shape in that photo. Obviously looks can be deceiving with cancer but that does not look like a man who has recently (god willing) come out the other side of a serious health scare. Hats off to the man for his dedication.

edit to add: I so wish they could have held off the desperation just this once. Imagine Roman coming out to a completely surprised crowd. That would have rivalled any pop this decade, I reckon.

Edited by Custos
  • Like 4

On 2/14/2019 at 11:50 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

I'm sorry, if you actually even give the slightest bit of credence to " I was supposed to die in a plane crash and come out on a ghost on wires " as a Bischoff idea , let alone being something that was actually discussed...you might be insane. I'm not judging. Mental issues are serious and nothing to joke about. I hope folks who believe that seek out the help they need, and embrace it.

Now, if he's just mixing up Bischoff and Russo, I totally buy it.

And just to put a bow on this, I'm sorry Johnny but you underestimated how stupid Eric is

When I orchestrated that death by airplane, it was my death. It wasn’t Bagwell’s. Now [Bagwell] may have a story where he thought maybe he was going to be one of the guys on the plane or something like that. But in order for that story to have worked it would’ve had to have been plausible. And the audience knew that I flew my own plane…And my original plan was for me to crash in Mexico, because I knew it would take at least four or five days to get any news out of Mexico. So I was going to fake my crash in Mexico and then I was going to show up at Halloween Havoc…Harvey [Schiller] shut it down. But I can tell you definitively if Bagwell was going to be on the plane it was an incidental effect, not the major storyline.

-Eric Bischoff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

Conrad sort of let the cat out of the bag regarding Bruce working for WWE again on the What Happened When podcast. He made an offhand remark that if Bruce could go back to work for WWE again then it's not out of the question that Tony could find his way back. 

Personally, I don't think Bruce has a good idea left in his body. Also, it's not like it's going to matter anyway. When he talked this week about how nonsensical it was to have Taker kill Paul Bearer, but Vince wanted to do it anyway I thought, well, that's basically this whole product in a nutshell. It's still going to be Vince's call at the end of the day and Bruce is just going to get screamed at and take the blame for what doesn't work. 

This is the main problem with creative. How many times have we heard people say that they are writing to an audience of one? And this is a dude who is increasingly out of touch with what the current fan wants but he's long been out of touch with society as a whole. I like Bruce and don't see where he can hurt things anymore, but Vince still has to sign off on everything at the end of the day. Personally, I don't give a shit who is writing the show. Whether its onscreen or behind the scenes, I do not care who is in charge. I just want an entertaining show. You know why Regal is a great onscreen GM? You never see him except when there's an important announcement to make and then he goes away. You know why I liked Chris Kreski? I have no idea what that dude looked like or what he thought or felt about anything. He just showed up and did his job and THE SHOWS HE PRODUCED WERE ENTERTAINING AND MADE SENSE. That's all I want in my wrestling these days.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

4-5 days for news to come out of Mexico? What did he think this was 1949? Even in the 90's something like that would have come out fairly quickly.

Again, despite his success for three years, Eric Bischoff is a God damn moron.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, AxB said:

No, his hands will still be warm. Steph won't want to give Shane the chance to take it instead.

I dunno, I'll bet being anything other than an on air talent is one of the last things Shane wants. 

So, with the call ups of Ricochet, Ciampa, Black and Gargano, is the card for Takeover fucked now?  I haven't seen spoilers, but if those dudes are called up, are they done for Takeover?  Do they have matches for Wrestlemania?  Isn't the NXT TV already taped?  The short-sightedness of this is astounding, even for WWE. 

24 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

So, with the call ups of Ricochet, Ciampa, Black and Gargano, is the card for Takeover fucked now?  I haven't seen spoilers, but if those dudes are called up, are they done for Takeover?  Do they have matches for Wrestlemania?  Isn't the NXT TV already taped?  The short-sightedness of this is astounding, even for WWE. 

They have one more taping before Takeover and the callups are still working NXT

Plus - no one should be complaining when they see the one match that is already announced for Takeover New York

• Like 5

Well since everything else has "deniers' when the facts are completely there no surprise that wrestling would have Roman Reigns cancer deniers.  I mean how could he possibly be sick when he worked on a movie and started lifting weights and then we was announced for RAW tomorrow.  How could someone so sick do all of this

Seriously fuckers the announcement was 4 months ago.  ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

And just to put a bow on this, I'm sorry Johnny but you underestimated how stupid Eric is

-Eric Bischoff

Anyone who somehow thought that Bischoff wouldn't have an idea this dumb is either extremely naive or chews on too many lead paint chips. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well since everything else has "deniers' when the facts are completely there no surprise that wrestling would have Roman Reigns cancer deniers.  I mean how could he possibly be sick when he worked on a movie and started lifting weights and then we was announced for RAW tomorrow.  How could someone so sick do all of this

That's why this is the only place to discuss wrestling one really needs. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Not to say I don't believe Roman, because I do, but one, it's pro wrestling and people think they're always being worked. Two, they used his cancer coming back as a storyline the same fucking night he announced it. Third, they never hesitated to keep reminding you that he's sick, he's fighting it, etc.

The smart and tactful thing to do would be to have Roman give his announcement and then nothing else because the more you keep treating a serious disease like a storyline, the more people are going to think it's a storyline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So did anybody read that post by Meltzer that said Arn, and Vince got into it? That’s being called the reason for his firing.

Also, apparently Arn was Cena’s go to agent for laying out matches. This explains why Cena’s matches always involved him taking DDT bumps.

Edited by RIPPA
Fixed link

Im watching the Honor Rising Shows, I'm thinking that with Jericho and Omega still being able to work NJPW shows, I don't think NJPW would want to end their relationship with ROH anytime soon for AEW. The Young Bucks wasn't much of a loss for them at all and Cody didn't really fit with that style though I'm glad he got that experience. I think its cool for them to get to use the Briscoes even if it's less than a handful of times a year. More of the ROH guys now fit well with New Japan. Plus with ROH working with New Japan gives an added upside for guys staying or signing with Ring of Honor for some talent. Plus I think it gives AEW a reason to have a working relationship with a Japanese promotion that is lesser than New Japan  like All Japan,  Dragon Gate or DDT to build back intrest in one of those among fans in the States. I don't watch ROH tv but I might try to start back watching soon because theyve put an effort into shaking things up. I don't want them to be left in the cold after AEW gets running because ROH has a really got roster now and it seems to be rounding out nicely in past few months.

56 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I think it gives AEW a reason to have a working relationship with a Japanese promotion that is lesser than New Japan  like All Japan,  Dragon Gate or DDT to build back intrest in one of those among fans in the States.

Why would AEW care about spotlighting a small Japanese promotion? They're trying to build their own brand.