DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

1 minute ago, olythegreat89 said:

If Bruce is working full time, he may not have time to do his weekly podcast. Which would totally suck because I can listen to hisJim Cornette and Jerry Jarrett impressions all day. 

His Dusty is great too. His Terry Funk is good. What's funny though is that his Hulk Hogan sucks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think Tye is going do a Juice Robinson and completely re-invent himself. Honestly, who saw opening match jobber CJ Parker going on to have the success he's had since leaving WWE?

To CJ's credit, he was always shouted out by other WWE wrestlers in interviews about who was underrated and really good. I admit that I never really saw it outside of some fun character stuff in NXT, but I'm always drawn to character stuff more.

It's already been touched on, but CJ/Juice left WWEa week before he turned 27. Cody left about a month before he turned 31. Tye just turned 38 a few days ago. Even if you think he's as good as they both were at the time of leaving, there's a lot less potential upside in signing him.

37 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

To CJ's credit, he was always shouted out by other WWE wrestlers in interviews about who was underrated and really good. I admit that I never really saw it outside of some fun character stuff in NXT, but I'm always drawn to character stuff more.

Age aside, this has been said about Dillinger as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CreativeControl said:

‘Turn Roman heel’ is the ‘turn Cena heel’ of the 20teens. Bore off the lot of ya! 

Well, they aren't turning Roman now. 

If Cena was actually around for a decent stretch, they probably could finally do it now. As a part timer he's not nearly as important, his drawing power seems diminished, and "Hollywood Cena" is right there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

He's the one who should've turned heel in the first place. When Seth did. And then just been the cool bad ass sellout. When he eventually turned on Triple H, the pop would've ripped the roof off.

Exactly. Roman eventually turning on HHH would have rivaled this.

JR is tolerable here and you just kind of have to tune out Lawler.

Hang on, I thought Prichard's podcast was called "'Something to Wrestle' with Bruce Prichard". But apparently it's actually called "'Something to Wrestle with' with Bruce Prichard". That's a bit silly.

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

Hang on, I thought Prichard's podcast was called "'Something to Wrestle' with Bruce Prichard". But apparently it's actually called "'Something to Wrestle with' with Bruce Prichard". That's a bit silly.

Does it surprise you to discover wrestling journalists aren’t the brightest?

They dedicated a bunch of time to those vignettes that aired on every Raw multiple times and every SDL for a month straight, to just do nothing significant with any of them. (Especially EC3, who I thought did come off like a star in his). Only to immediately after throw four new callups out with zero build and have them go over everyone they face.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rick said:

Wasn't there a report that Lacey was in line to be one of Vince's top female stars post-Mania? 

This was the blurb from the Observer

Right now, Lacey Evans is scheduled for a super push. Evidently her disappearance from television in recent weeks is the plan to start her off in a major way. At one point the plan was for Asuka vs. Evans for the Smackdown women’s title at WrestleMania. We were told that was being reconsidered and is no longer definite, but not ruled out. The impression we got was probably at this point a no, but no other match has been decided in that spot.

Then on the radio show, Dave followed it up by saying that at one point, the plan was - after Rousey leaves (which they still don't have an exact date for) there are going to build around 3 women: Becky, Charlotte and Lacey

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

They dedicated a bunch of time to those vignettes that aired on every Raw multiple times and every SDL for a month straight, to just do nothing significant with any of them. (Especially EC3, who I thought did come off like a star in his). Only to immediately after throw four new callups out with zero build and have them go over everyone they face.

All of all the call-ups featured in those vignettes Lars was framed as the star and would have been pushed in that regard. If the rumors are to be believed culminating in a match with Cena at wrestlemania. The rest were supporting players. I can understand why Vince would ask for a fresh batch.