DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

That KENTA was previously mentioned was posted on here a little while ago. He seemed genuinely frustrated and the language barrier was a huge problem for him. To me it's a given he's going back to Japan and working full-time for Noah where he will be a GHC heavyweight champ by the end of the year.

TJP doesn't have loads of charisma or personality, but he's excellent in the ring and would be a good pickup for anyone. I would've loved if they had sent him down to NXT instead of cutting him.

Dillinger is alright and close to Cody from what I've read, so I can see him ending up in AEW at some point even if it's in some backstage role.

11 hours ago, AxB said:

I went through a flaming table in a rehearsal, and was so badly hurt that I couldn't do it at the taping, and they had to air the rehearsal footage even though the guys were just sitting around out of character! 

I pay little to no attention to impact ...but what? this can't be right

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Boy the WWE hasn't done a roster purge like this in awhile

Part of me wants this to be like when they released like 15 guys at once

Gotta make way for more nxt call up's they'll have no idea how to utilize

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

TJP and KENTA should be fine. Dillinger...man I don't know. I like the guy but the idea of him trolling around the indies half ass cashing in on the fumes of the Perfect 10 gimmick are a bit of a bummer. Maybe he'll end up getting a good run in Impact or AEW and be able to reinvent himself and catch fire, but I am skeptical. 

Dillinger leaving like this feels like something he would only do if he was going to try and reinvent himself. Honestly, he isn't any worse than Cody was. He just doesn't have the family background to sell himself on. I give him credit for trying to take a risk on himself this late in. Many guys and gals would never try. Hope he pleasantly surprises us all.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, quackhell said:

TJP and KENTA should be fine. Dillinger...man I don't know. I like the guy but the idea of him trolling around the indies half ass cashing in on the fumes of the Perfect 10 gimmick are a bit of a bummer. Maybe he'll end up getting a good run in Impact or AEW and be able to reinvent himself and catch fire, but I am skeptical. 

I hear NOAH is under a new management, I haven't watched much NOAH since '09 but I know theyve been struggling. I'm sure he'll be back.

9 hours ago, Edwin said:

TJP doesn't have loads of charisma or personality, but he's excellent in the ring and would be a good pickup for anyone. I would've loved if they had sent him down to NXT instead of cutting him.

Considering if he had any value for TJP:

The video game entrance/theme alone, on paper, should have been enough to keep any solid worker as a babyface for their career.

TJP lasted six months as a face with it.  

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Pure fantasy, but it'd be great if Roman were the mystery returning superstar fighting Bryan at Mania. Under those circumstances, they might actually stand a chance of running a match where Roman gets cheered and Bryan gets booed. Suck on that, 2015 conventional wisdom! 

I hate you right now because I'm not going to get that and Roman vs. Bryan or AJ again is something I really need.

• Like 1