DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Kenta's been miserable over here.  I imagine he's on the first flight back to Japan, storing his shit and crashing on Marufuji's couch for a bit before he goes back to NOAH or Harold hands him a nice deal to toss some fresh matchups into the Uppercard.

16 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm assuming all 3 will be in Las Vegas in May. 

Doubtful since if the WWE didn’t have some conditional release agreement with them they would have waited a couple of weeks to make sure their non-competes carries past DoN (they might already as I’m spacing if the WWE does 60 or 90 day no competes)

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Doubtful since if the WWE didn’t have some conditional release agreement with them they would have waited a couple of weeks to make sure their non-competes carries past DoN (they might already as I’m spacing if the WWE does 60 or 90 day no competes)

WWE does 90, which would have their no compete's up on the 23rd of May.  So DoN is on the table for these three. but like I said, I doubt KENTA stays stateside for too much longer, and it's not like Dillenger and TJP set the world on fire.

On 2/22/2019 at 3:32 PM, Raziel said:

WWE does 90, which would have their no compete's up on the 23rd of May.  So DoN is on the table for these three. but like I said, I doubt KENTA stays stateside for too much longer, and it's not like Dillenger and TJP set the world on fire.

Think TJP has enough value to be worth a shot on- he can go.  That said I think his political views will keep him out of AEW (Briscoes-esque but worse)

• Like 1

I don't think I want to see any of these guys in AEW, or hell, even ROH. I want KENTA to be happy so I just hope he goes back to Japan content that he at least had a WWE run in his career and now he's free to do whatever the hell he wants to do. Hell, NJPW could use another Junior in that division, but I would imagine he wants to be seen as a heavyweight.

I'm guessing Tye winds up in Impact or doing his own indie bookings, which might honestly be for the best. He would get some time to spread his wings in a largely creative environment before winding back up with one of the bigger companies. Although Tye working Impact makes a lot of sense too since they're largely Canadian based now.

I honestly have no fucking clue what TJP does from here. Chikara? Suburban Fight? Basically a bunch of west coast shit?

52 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Kenta's been miserable over here.  I imagine he's on the first flight back to Japan, storing his shit and crashing on Marufuji's couch for a bit before he goes back to NOAH or Harold hands him a nice deal to toss some fresh matchups into the Uppercard.

Yeah there was a video released about a month ago that showed him saying his goodbyes,  if was obvious he was miserable and missing home badly.

TJP might return to his old stomping grounds of Impact and Mexico. Former X Division Champion. He was Suicide and then Hogan changed him into Manik.He was in James Storm's stable with Sanada and Mahabali Shera.

• Like 1