DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

IT'S GOTTA BE CLASSY DAMNIT. PLAY SOME SMOOTH JAZZ OVER THE VIDEOS. AND WE NEED CELEBRITIES GIVING HEARTFELT ENDORSEMENTS. GET BURT REYNOLDS IN AGAIN. HE CAN USE THE SAME CUE CARDS FROM WHEN WE GOT HIM IN LAST TIME. 

.....THEN WE'LL GET A GUY DRESSED UP AS LEUKEMIA IN, AND ROMAN CAN SUPERMAN PUNCH AND SPEAR HIM. NOTHING BUT CLASSY. IT'S GONNA BE GREAT.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Casey said:

Reigns will be on Good Morning America next Tuesday too.

If they're having him suddenly appear on Raw, plus a GMA appearance...this seems like it's either going to be REALLY, REALLY GOOD or REALLY, REALLY BAD. No in between.

(Considering the GMA thing, that seems positive since he'd presumably have to fly to NY for the taping.) 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

If they're having him suddenly appear on Raw, plus a GMA appearance...this seems like it's either going to be REALLY, REALLY GOOD or REALLY, REALLY BAD. No in between.

(Considering the GMA thing, that seems positive since he'd presumably have to fly to NY for the taping.) 

Considering he looks in great shape and was shooting a movie, I'd say his treatment is going well. 

Not going to lie though, I'd find it funny as hell if he came out to say he was going to pursue a movie career. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

a long, long time ago

Yes when someone out there hasn’t realized this by now it scares me. 

People will say what they will about Owen’s wife but she knew all along what this business and Vince are like and although I’m as bummed as anyone about Owen basically getting the Benoit lite treatment as far as remembrance because of her actions. If it helped prevent even one exploitive pile of bullshit from Vince’s twisted mind not to transpire then so be it.

Fuck Vince. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Easy. It was the night after Elimination Chamber. 

So people tuned in to RAW expecting Smackdown stars (besides Becky & Charlotte) to be on a completely different brand?

Keep stretchin'.

"While some will credit the NXT guys debuting, the ratings pattern indicates something different. The 3,046,000 viewer first hour was the highest-rated hour of Raw since 8/27 (overall it was the best number since the 9/3 show did 2,873,000 viewers on average). From there, the 20.7 drop from hour one to hour three was the seventh worst of all-time.

That more indicates something happened at the PPV that caused a ton of curiosity, but once people saw the early part of the show, they tuned out in near record numbers. My best explanation would be the angle with Becky Lynch, Ronda Rousey and Charlotte Flair, and once it was made clear Lynch wasn’t on the show, that was it. Rousey was pushed on the show, but it was also a match against the woman she beat quickly the night before. There is almost always a big bump for the first hour after a PPV show, but this was well above usual levels."

• Like 1

Yeah I'm perfectly fine attributing Smackdown's ratings to Kofi Kingston. If he played a factor in any fan's mind to tune into RAW after Elimination Chamber, these fans are stupid (and fickle).

I also don't know why you're using hashtags on a message board like this is Twitter or something, but whatever.

16 minutes ago, Casey said:

boggles the mind how you can attribute RAW's rating to "Kofimania" but hey, you do you.

I have nothing to add to the Kofimania debate. It's been a long day and I'm well past the point of needing sleep, so I guess that's why I mis-read Kofimania as Kalifornia. Kofi as a redneck serial killer would be an interesting direction to take.

• Haha 2