DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Tye will be forced to change his name. Shawn Spears returns! 

CJ Parker having to change his name and re-invent himself worked out pretty well. Shedding the Tye Dillinger character is a good start in removing the "WWE failure" stigma.

• Like 1

I didn't see WWE Studios mentioned in the THR article, but I think they recently made some sort of deal with Netflix, who is involved. 

I wonder if this is a straight up biopic, or if it's gonna be just a two hour version of the old Rick James sketch from Chappelles Show. "I never refused to put anyone over, c'mon, creative control, that's ridiculous.... Yeah, I remember burying Bret."

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I didn't see WWE Studios mentioned in the THR article, but I think they recently made some sort of deal with Netflix, who is involved. 

I wonder if this is a straight up biopic, or if it's gonna be just a two hour version of the old Rick James sketch from Chappelles Show. "I never refused to put anyone over, c'mon, creative control, that's ridiculous.... Yeah, I remember burying Bret."

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Goddamn, I wake up and go to work for a few hours, come back home, and see that 1) Charlotte Flair & Andrade Almas are dating 

That's one way to keep him from jumping to AEW I guess

See how Pentagon Jr is now mostly using the name Penta El Zero M? Why is it Zero, not Cero? Is he scared people would just call him CM Penta?

On 2/19/2019 at 8:53 AM, El Dragon said:

And I would totally make WAR the primary stat the stable cared about, but instead of Wins Above Replacement as it is in baseball, it would be Wins Above Rotunda.

And instead of there being competing bWAR and fWAR standards, there'd be WARa and WARo measurements, but with an argument over whether the R stood for Rotunda or Rotundo.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

CJ Parker having to change his name and re-invent himself worked out pretty well. Shedding the Tye Dillinger character is a good start in removing the "WWE failure" stigma.

Honesty, the problem with Tye Dillinger is that he's one of those guys where if he sheds the gimmick, it's more likely to blow up in his face than help him.

Dillinger's a solid carpenter who NXT turned into a solid mechanic (a carpenter who can carry a storyline every now and then)...but that's also with the Perfect 10 gimmick. Without it, Spears is what he is...a solid carpenter...good for a promotion, but not if your aura is "we're going to save the underutilized talent and make them stars, and we'll totally lay down for them to do it because that totally happens when the boys get the book!"

Wrestling fans forget: there's more than just super indies on the indy wrestling scene. Tye Dillinger isn't the type of guy who'd be a good super-indy guy- but he could make money for the rest of his life just showing up and getting people to pay for a Polaroid of them doing the "10" pose with him. 

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Vince throwing a hissy fit at Taker doing the Starrcast appearance makes me laugh more than it should

Thats impossible as any amount of laughter at Vince being pissy when things don’t go his way is warranted.

I’m imagining him holding up a boom box outside of Takers house playing “Dead Man Walking” as both a semi romantic gesture and threat.

“You’ve done it knooooow you’ve gone and made a big mistake

I can’t allooooooow you to think you can just walk away“

Then Michelle yells at him that Taker isn’t even in the state right now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9