DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

15 hours ago, Casey said:

Hey, if you miss baseball that much, and still love wrestling... Matt Striker has a new podcast you might hatelove!

I've seen (and have saved to my hard drive) all I need to see of Matt Striker... 

I believe in Tye, and he deserves more. Guys a talented blue-collar worker. Creative having nothing for him was a real bullshit shame. He had a lot of similarities to DDP in that he was the one who truly believed in himself, and worked hard for it(Also the 10 thing was Page’s first). That eventually got him a prominent spot on NXT. Wherever he goes I hope he’s used more to his full potential. 

• Like 3

I used to think Tye was just a jobber, time filler on NXT, and pretty useless. Then all of a sudden he explodes with charisma and became pretty captivating to watch.

That said, I have no idea if he's a good fit for ROH, NJPW, AEW, TNA, or any other promotion. I mean, I'm sure TNA would scoop him up. They'd probably take anyone if they could.

15 hours ago, Edwin said:

Teddy Hart has always been on fire. He never got a proper run anywhere unfortunately, but that's due to him being Teddy.

Absolutely no way to rebuild the bridges that he's burned over the years. Like you say, he's always been a great talent and he seems effortless in-ring but this also means you can easily tell when he's phoning it in. Promos are okay but a bit wooden and one-note but would probably be about as good as the rest of the Hart crew were back in the day in the WWE machine.

I'm not sure he could or would want to behave long enough to make it to a 'Mania - seeing a cat on the turnbuckle at Wrestlemania would be pretty great, though.

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

I feel like Dillinger is the exact type of guy that AEW should avoid hiring if they're concerned with being WWE-lite.

Tye’s an underused great hand to have. Maybe even be a great fit in a tag team, with a young up, and comer. It’s not like hiring a guy like Ryback who will only show up for a paycheck, then fuck off to the wrestling conventions to sell his shitty protein shakes.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Tye’s an underused great hand to have. Maybe even be a great fit in a tag team, with young up, and comer. It’s not like hiring a guy like Ryback who will only show up for a paycheck, then fuck off to the wrestling conventions to sell his shitty protein shakes.

I think Tye would be better than Ryder, just because he is more underused. It will be a lot easier for him to reinvent himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

I think Tye would be better than Ryder, just because he is more underused. It will be a lot easier for him to reinvent himself.

That, and he’s just hungrier for a chance. Like I know some people don’t care for Tye’s gimmick, but he tried his ass off, and had some fun programs on Smackdown when given the opportunity.