DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

58 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

That’d be better than suddenly making them a team, like how they screwed OVW by turning the Damaja into a basham brother.

This post should come with a trigger warning just in case Cornette lurks.

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

There's still story on the bone for Ciampa and Gargano man.

Sure, there's meat on the bone. But if those chicken wings have been sitting in your fridge for two years, they've probably gone bad. 

• Like 3

With everyone suddenly caring about Kofi, who are the other longest employed full time active wrestlers currently in WWE?

Truth has been there forever but he was in TNA for a while.

Have Hawkins and Ryder been consistently employed since they debuted?

Alicia Fox

Nattie

Ziggler

Heath Slater

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

With everyone suddenly caring about Kofi, who are the other longest employed full time active wrestlers currently in WWE?

Truth has been there forever but he was in TNA for a while.

Have Hawkins and Ryder been consistently employed since they debuted?

Alicia Fox

Nattie

Ziggler

Heath Slater

Ryder debuted on the main roster about 6 months before Kofi and has been there the entire time

The Usos have been on the main roster and together as a team almost a decade which is crazy when you think about how the WWE normally handles tag teams

Heath Slater debuted about two months before the Usos (yes the Nexus angle was that long ago - Feb 2010)

Natalya started on the main roster right after Mania in 2008

Alicia was technically the wedding planner (in the Edge/Vickie angle) in June 2008 but then vanished for awhile

If we start from when Ziggler was Ziggler - then its Sept 2008 for him

Curtis Axel is the other person in the conversation as he debuted in 2010 like some of the other people on the list. Just depends on when you officially want to start counting from

But as pointed out - Randy Orton is 2002 and Miz is 2006

• Like 2

Random Note. At work tonight ain't was thinking how if I was booking in 2019 I would re-do the York Foundation gimmick, what with the anaylitics crowds in sports right now. And I would totally make WAR the primary stat the stable cared about, but instead of Wins Above Replacement as it is in baseball, it would be Wins Above Rotunda.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Random Note. At work tonight ain't was thinking how if I was booking in 2019 I would re-do the York Foundation gimmick, what with the anaylitics crowds in sports right now. And I would totally make WAR the primary stat the stable cared about, but instead of Wins Above Replacement as it is in baseball, it would be Wins Above Rotunda.

Who’s the most “replacement level” wrestler? Has to be mid card, can move up for the occasional cup of high card coffee. Good but not great on the ring. Just fungible as hell.

Rotunda is a really good choice as the quintessential 0 WAR wrestler. I was going to suggest Terry Taylor.

Of the current crop, maybe Alica Fox.

21 hours ago, just drew said:

FTFY.

I feel like Alexa showed up on Smackdown one day, cut a great promo - then has kept on cutting the same promo for several years now.  I generally don't think she's a bad promo, but I feel like I saw all I needed to see of her during her first two months on the main roster.

Her talk show segments have been brutal, though, which makes me wonder how successful she'll be on a babyface.  Her babyface character didn't seem to be going anywhere when she was in NXT,

2 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Yes, I miss baseball too my friend.   We're almost back don't worry. 

• Like 3