DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

58 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is that Peter Steele guy or the green shirt guy that kind of looks like a fat James Ellsworth?

Weeny Petey Steele. 

20 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Peter Steele guy's mom looks like Carol Kane. 

Also, yes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Ooh, I'd also like to nominate downtown Waukesha for terrible one way streets in Wisconsin.

How about just a terrible place. They know why.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Well, considering that it's based on a novel that's in part satirizing the sort of age-gapped, incestuous relationships that you'd find in a Bronte sisters novel, what I'm getting from this post is that they really nailed it.

Not at all. Jane Austen's Emma, the novel the film is loosely based on, isn't a satire of those things in the slightest (and was written before any Bronte sister was born). Emma is a matchmaker going about setting up relationships between people until she realises that she actually loves one of the men she is setting up, her sister's brother-in-law. The film came up with the weird step-sibling angle all on its own.

Lana and Rusev started their own Youtube Channel

It seems that if you liked them on Total Divas this is definitely for you.

Also good for the folks who like Rusev being Rusev

Edit - "Thank you for staying for 5 minutes" - Rusev

God the man makes me laugh every time

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Lana and Rusev started their own Youtube Channel

It seems that if you liked them on Total Divas this is definitely for you.

Also good for the folks who like Rusev being Rusev

Edit - "Thank you for staying for 5 minutes" - Rusev

God the man makes me laugh every time

Yet WWE don't do shit with Rusev, the guy can go in the ring and he's most endearing. Maddening. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Thinking back to the Royal Rumble, has Alexa Bliss wrestled since then? I ask as I don't know and I figured Bliss and Mickie James would be in the Elimination Chamber match.

Her and Mickie lost an EC qualifying match to Nia & Tamina.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Why wasn’t Jason Sensation used much after 98. He would’ve been a great reoccurring act for the last two decades doing wrestler parody angles.

Well except for that whole threatening to kill himself live on RAW thing

• Like 2

Well in the actual answer to your question - it seems a combination of things

1) He was most known for impersonating Owen Hart and then Owen died

2) He was a Vince Russo guy and Russo left

They did send him to Memphis to start training to be a wrestler/manager but apparently he was not well liked

(There is more to that last little part but I am just going to leave it at that because I don't want to have to close my own thread)

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Swiftian said:

Not at all. Jane Austen's Emma, the novel the film is loosely based on, isn't a satire of those things in the slightest (and was written before any Bronte sister was born). Emma is a matchmaker going about setting up relationships between people until she realises that she actually loves one of the men she is setting up, her sister's brother-in-law. The film came up with the weird step-sibling angle all on its own.

I know that Emma is about, having read it twice. It definitely is poking fun at traditional romances, though it was written before the Brontes started to publish in the Victorian era as you note. I should have picked a pre-1800s example (and either way, left Anne out of the comparison, as she was a realist writer in the vein of Austen). 

• Thanks 1

I only doubling back to this because some of the very declarative statements some folks made. (And I am sure I will regret doing so)

Corey Graves’ ex-wife publicly accused the WWE announcer this weekend of cheating on her with Carmella, but we’re told the truth of the matter is different. 

Sources close to Graves tell us he and Amy Polinksy have been in the divorce process for around six months and Corey has been living in a different home for two of those months. 

We’re told Corey informed his ex over the weekend that he was now seeing someone else — a relationship that began after he had moved out of their home — and she reacted in a very public way. In case you missed it … Amy posted a photo on Twitter of their family and claimed Graves had been “sleeping with one of my daughters role models all along,” Carmella. 

Polinksy deleted the post, but posted others throughout the day about the situation before her Instagram account was taken down. 

Our sources say that despite how it was made to sound on social media, Corey did not get caught cheating on his wife with Carmella and their divorce is close to being finalized.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/corey-graves-separated-divorce-wife/#.XGsEhOhKjDd

• Like 4

I was debating where to put this so here we go

Potential RAW Spoiler (in regards to folks who are scheduled to appear)

Spoiler

By Mike Johnson on 2019-02-18 16:26:00
PWInsider.com has been told by multiple sources that the current plan is for the WWE NXT talents backstage at Raw, WWE NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa, Ricochet, WWE NXT North American Champion Johnny Gargano and Aleister Black, to appear on tonight's USA Network  broadcast from Lafayette, Lousiana at the Cajundome. 

A script for tonight's Raw has been completed, but there are always changes over the course of the day.

As we reported earlier, the four were brought in for today's taping.  They were not backstage at last night's Elimination Chamber PPV.

On 2/16/2019 at 8:44 PM, The Natural said:

Taken from No Mercy 2002 with two great matches: Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker inside Hell in a Cell with 'Taker bleeding heavy and Kurt Angle/Chris Benoit vs. Edgr/Rey Mysterio.

For the record that is the best HIAC match ever 

re: Raw news- Lord knows that show needs some kind of shakeup on the men’s side. Outside of Elias and Balor the singles scene is a total black hole of suck.

• Like 1