DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

I particularly enjoyed Gage demanding the crowd pop for Steiner taking door bumps while his music was still playing and nobody heard him or reacted to it because they were still booing the dumbass finish. The most Nick Gage thing ever. What a fucking dope.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I think the world would be a better place if we all had encyclopedic knowledge of Clueless, tbh.

Maybe we will. One day, who knows? Someday I suppose.

Fun Bosstones fact, their dancer Ben Carr is the band's tour manager. The band's first gig was a 21 and over club, and Carr wasn't old enough to get in, so singer Dicky Barrett told security that Carr was part of the band, and had him dance on stage during their set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Go to Madison, WI, there are one ways everywhere that make no sense because of the weird combination of new build and old city just merging together for the past few decades. Traffic during the school year and on football game days might as well be LA Rush Hour. No parking at the stadium at all. Thank the gods for sidewalks and buses in a city like that. On another note entirely, I wonder if we can keep this thread open another 11 days or if the gossip will overwhelm it and force a re-boot.

Ooh, I'd also like to nominate downtown Waukesha for terrible one way streets in Wisconsin.

Reading @Oyaji describe what seems like a fantastic dream match between Scott Steiner and Nick Gage which I defo need to check out, it got me thinking  --

When and who is responsbile for organizations replacing tables with doors as furtniture to throw your opponent through?

GCW? I can remember them doing this as far back as WM 33 weekend, but I wasn't following any wrestling for that period, so I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It's only drama here if people make it drama

You didn't see me make a separate thread when the same exact thing happened with Bray and JoJo and the former Mrs. Rotunda

.... God I am so gonna regret this post come morning

Fair enough.  But, like Han Solo, I got a bad feeling about this, main ...

1 hour ago, The Great ML said:

I’d like to think you automatically knew this without having to do any intel on Clueless.

I knew she was sixteen-ish because of the driver's test plotline. I remembered that Rudd's character was on a break from college.

2 hours ago, Ace said:

I always found that sort of skeevy. Besides them being former step-siblings, Rudd came off much older than Silverstone.

Well, considering that it's based on a novel that's in part satirizing the sort of age-gapped, incestuous relationships that you'd find in a Bronte sisters novel, what I'm getting from this post is that they really nailed it. 

2 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Ooh can I post something embarrassing about my dad too?

So when I was a kid, my dad used to think Michael Hayes' nickname was "penis", not "P.S.". Also, during the period when Sensational Sherri sang Shawn Michaels' entrance music, he thought the lyric "my knees get weak" was "my naked queef".

Really, this says a lot about my dad, when you think about it.

I'm tempted to ask how a queef can even be naked, but *checks calendar* it's only the seventeenth of the month, so disregard this part of my post entirely, please.

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's how we get to Shane vs. Miz at WM, with Shane jumping off a reproduction Statue of Liberty.

Hey, leave Shane and his reproduction organs out of it! That’s his business!

• Haha 1