DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

13 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Scott Steiner vs. Nick Gage from Friday was everything I hoped for and more. Rambling Steiner promo? Check. Horrible brawling? Check. Steiner actually taking some bumps? Check. Steiner telling fans to suck his cock? Check. A fan yelling for Scotty to hit a Frankensteiner and Scotty telling him to "eat a cheeseburger you fat fuck!"? CHECK. Scott Steiner using doors for tables? Check. Scott Steiner not getting low enough when whipped into a door so instead of going through it he shoulder tackles the top of the door and a guard rail while Joey Janela laughs on commentary? FUCKING CHECK. Scotty getting counted out after the world's worst Cactus elbow through a door in a match that had previously featured brawling outside of the ring for like 3 minutes straight? OH HELL YEAH. And a rambling Nick Gage promo as the cherry on top. Watch this for the train wreck. 

Edit: Naomi should've been driving down the right side of the street. I don't get this board's fascination with her.

You sold me. Thank you.

• Like 2

I think today is the first time we are seeing what the WWE was hoping for with FOX will signing with them

During Daytona 500 coverage so far they have

1) Promoted Smackdown debuting in the Fall

2) Rock cutting promos on people along pit row

3) Aired a special preview for Fighting With My Family

Speaking of FOX and WWE, if WWE were relegated to FS1, would they receive less money for their deal? Or is that something we're not privy to?

The money is astronomical, don't get me wrong, but if something were to happen to that deal and WWE's audience either plateaus or continues to shrink, they aren't going to be smelling like roses for too long. If they are doing these kinds of viewership numbers in five years, they won't be getting that type of money. And the TV rights fees bubble has to burst soon, doesn't it?

They're doing the right thing in getting in on it while the getting is good but the rights fees just doesn't seem sustainable.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Edit: Naomi should've been driving down the right side of the street. I don't get this board's fascination with her.

It doesn't sound like she was drinking or anything bad. She made a wrong turn and was pulled over. Mistakes happen. If anything, it's good she was there to pick up him so he wouldn't have been driving drunk. Most of the drama (or at least what I'm seeing) was between husband Uso and the police. 

As for liking Naomi, I think she's cute and appears to be nice. Plus, her wedding on that Diva show got me teary when Rikishi didn't show up and brother Uso made a speech about them being family and loving them. I am teary typing this. Plus, her short run tag angle with Asuka where they were buds made me happy. Plus, I think she's cute and appears to be nice. Plus, her enterance is fun. Plus, I think she's cute and appears nice. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

I guess I'm trying to say I like Naomi for the same reasons I like Paul Rudd. 

I would like to see these two in a buddy cop movie now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm gonna mention this again: it is amazingly easy to wind up on a one way in the wrong direction in Detroit. I've never seen anywhere else like it for how easy it is. I've done it and I've been in the car with at least two other drivers who have done it, and I've been told by at least a half a dozen other people about them doing it.

-------

About Corey: cheating is scummy, sure. It's also fairly common place. But it's those messages his wife posted that are alarming. Either Corey is suicidal and needs help in a major way, or he's using the threat of suicide to try to manipulate and control his wife, which means he's a toxic, emotionally abusive bastard. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Naomi is by all accounts and if you believe 1% of Total Divas, a great person. Jimmy drinking doesn't make him a bad person. Arguing with a cop, that's debatable, we don't know what kind of attitude the officer had. Some like to say slick stuff without provocation.

Attitude or not, squaring up with a cop is stupid and hardly "debatable" that Uso was in the wrong.  

• Like 4

While I would love to see Bryon Saxton makes some joke about the situation but he doesn't like the kind of person whether it is how he is as a person or that his characters is so wishy washy he won't think it is right.  If anyone should it should be Tom Phillips.  Corey completely crushed Tom for his "face fuck me" messages and probably deservedly.    Although i can't remember if Tom was actually married when he did it.   

Go to Madison, WI, there are one ways everywhere that make no sense because of the weird combination of new build and old city just merging together for the past few decades. Traffic during the school year and on football game days might as well be LA Rush Hour. No parking at the stadium at all. Thank the gods for sidewalks and buses in a city like that. On another note entirely, I wonder if we can keep this thread open another 11 days or if the gossip will overwhelm it and force a re-boot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OctopusCinema said:

I guess I'm trying to say I like Naomi for the same reasons I like Paul Rudd. 

for ending up with Alicia Silverstone at the end of Clueless?

I love that movie, especially the party scene with the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, nate said:

It's odd that there's not been a "CorMella Dumpster Fire" thread yet, to isolate all that drama.

It's only drama here if people make it drama

You didn't see me make a separate thread when the same exact thing happened with Bray and JoJo and the former Mrs. Rotunda

.... God I am so gonna regret this post come morning

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

for ending up with Alicia Silverstone at the end of Clueless?

I love that movie, especially the party scene with the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

I always found that sort of skeevy. Besides them being former step-siblings, Rudd came off much older than Silverstone.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Ooh can I post something embarrassing about my dad too?

So when I was a kid, my dad used to think Michael Hayes' nickname was "penis", not "P.S.". Also, during the period when Sensational Sherri sang Shawn Michaels' entrance music, he thought the lyric "my knees get weak" was "my naked queef".

Really, this says a lot about my dad, when you think about it.

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

I always found that sort of skeevy. Besides them being former step-siblings, Rudd came off much older than Silverstone.

Well, Mr. Knightly was like twenty years older than Emma.

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

Cher is about to turn 16 in the movie

Josh is home during a "break from college"

So at a minimum the age gap is approximately 2 years. It's up to 6 years if he is a college senior (assuming average ages for college years)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So at a minimum the age gap is approximately 2 years. It's up to 6 years if he is a college senior (assuming average ages for college years)

And, fwiw, Rudd is about 7 years older than Silverstone.

1 hour ago, CSC said:

Attitude or not, squaring up with a cop is stupid and hardly "debatable" that Uso was in the wrong.  

I used to give police the benefit of the doubt but they've burned through some goodwill with me. It's not that some police make mistakes and/or say hurtful things,  it's that the police unions or other organizations never admit any type of wrongdoing and never hold their officers accountable. I believe 90% of police are great,  hardworking men who are severely underpaid. But I hate that when one of their own royally fucks up they can't just admit what was done wrong and then improve on it.  Do I think Uso was in the wrong here?  My answer is who knows. I've seen so many hurtful things that if I was told the officer said something hurtful to Naomi I wouldn't be surprised by that.  I am guessing you feel differently about it, that's okay too. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I’d like to think you automatically knew this without having to do any intel on Clueless.

• Like 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 minute ago, The Great ML said:

I’d like to think you automatically knew this without having to do any intel on Clueless.

I think the world would be a better place if we all had encyclopedic knowledge of Clueless, tbh.