DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Enzo tweeted twice about the Corey situation and yikes... Corey really screwed up as a father.

Alright, no more jokes. Crappy situation.

From what I gathered before she took them down, Graves sent his wife texts about wanting to end it all and swallowing a bunch of pills and booze to do it. Asked her to tell the kids how much he loved them, etc.

The wife seems to indicate that he used those moments to inflict emotional abuse, tried to intimidate her by saying WWE would sue her over her IG posts (now deleted), and that Carmella pretended to be her friend all while sleeping with Graves.

Rotten situation all around.

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

From what I gathered before she took them down, Graves sent his wife texts about wanting to end it all and swallowing a bunch of pills and booze to do it. Asked her to tell the kids how much he loved them, etc.

The wife seems to indicate that he used those moments to inflict emotional abuse, tried to intimidate her by saying WWE would sue her over her IG posts (now deleted), and that Carmella pretended to be her friend all while sleeping with Graves.

Rotten situation all around.

Here are the now deleted screen shots:

BeuvHLG.jpg

nbn1lPN.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/15/2019 at 11:48 PM, Technico Support said:

She was absolutely justified in doing that.  Wrestling has a long history of sabotaging relationships via booking like this and Vince is a fucking sociopath.  I have no doubt at all that he booked her to be with Ziggler just for shits and giggles to see what it might do with her real life relationship.  If tipping off TMZ put the breaks on a dumb angle essentially designed to fuck with performers' real lives, good.

*tin foil hat*

There is someone in power backstage that tried to fuck around with all the couples in the hope they will break up & he can put ‘her’ on the casting couch to ‘advance her career prospects’.

Same reason they spent so long building Alexa up on the road & fucking around with Buddy Murphy doing nothing in NXT.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Jesus, Corey. Get help. Please. 

Maybe. If you ask me, it just might be a case of dude that looks like a total fuckboy is a total fuckboy. 

That reads really flippant considering that there's kids involved and there's some diabolical mindfuck shit going on, but hey, my dad did some of the same shit. He's 65 and still on some codependent bullshit. It's how a lot of men are, and no amount of therapy can fix it.

1 hour ago, southofheavy said:

He's 65 and still on some codependent bullshit. It's how a lot of men are, and no amount of therapy can fix it.

Please don't undermine the concepts of redemption and therapy on a board full of people that have admitted to struggling with mental illness. Anyone can change with a clear heart, open mind, and willingness to do so.

• Like 8

I've been in therapy on and off throughout my entire life. My dad has been over the last couple years. Its done wonders for me and I still have a lot of work to do on myself. My therapist RULES, but there's only so much she can do if I'm not willing to not bullshit myself. 

What I see out of a lot of men in my life is a complete inability to take responsibility for their actions when it comes to shit like this. It's usually coupled with the inability to look at oneself and say "Damn. I'm an asshole."

I don't know the guy, obviously, and I don't doubt that he does struggle with depression and substance abuse. But, reading his texts, he comes off really damn manipulative. That is straight up trash behavior, and speaking from experience, it is really damn hard to get men to cop to that shit and cop to it without trying to make people feel sorry for them and do anything to change. 

Do I think he can change? It's entirely possible. But I got zero sympathy for the dude.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, southofheavy said:

I've been in therapy on and off throughout my entire life. My dad has been over the last couple years. Its done wonders for me and I still have a lot of work to do on myself. My therapist RULES, but there's only so much she can do if I'm not willing to not bullshit myself. 

What I see out of a lot of men in my life is a complete inability to take responsibility for their actions when it comes to shit like this. It's usually coupled with the inability to look at oneself and say "Damn. I'm an asshole."

I don't know the guy, obviously, and I don't doubt that he does struggle with depression and substance abuse. But, reading his texts, he comes off really damn manipulative. That is straight up trash behavior, and speaking from experience, it is really damn hard to get men to cop to that shit and cop to it without trying to make people feel sorry for them and do anything to change. 

Do I think he can change? It's entirely possible. But I got zero sympathy for the dude.

Don't project your own life and struggles onto those of others and twist it into making a judgment call. I don't think that's really fair. 

Also, no one is asking for sympathy. It's empathy that would be more important here anyway. 

• Like 1

It's hard for me to not come out swinging when I see shit like this. I won't go into details, but it hits close to home. 

As for his actions, sorry. I get it and I understand why people do this kind of shit, but I can't call it any other way and I sure as hell ain't gonna empathize with that dude. 

This'll be the last I say about it. 

• Thanks 1

The commentary for Elimination Chamber should be really interesting. We won't be hearing Corey pester Renee about her marriage anymore.

I wonder if any "Mella is Alimony" signs get past security.

My father cheated on my mother and hit her once. That was the end of that. They were only married for five years. My father is a piece of shit. He was never there for me when I needed him in my formative years. My step-father was more of a real dad to me. If I wasn't such a compassionate person, I would have cut my father out of my life completely, but he's paying now for a life of smoking, drinking, cocaine, and womanizing. The little I help him now, I do for my own peace rather than for him. My aunt died not speaking to my grandmother for years. I don't want to take that kind of anger to grave.

Everclear's "Father of Mine" is basically the story of my life, except for the line about being a scared white boy in a black neighborhood. It was easy to relate for me being Greek, Cretan to be exact, like Everclear's singer, Art Alexakis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Wrestlers cheating on their wives with other wrestlers is really not a big story.  I mean seriously if 2019 wrestling twitter was around during 2005-2007 when the assumption was that Batista was fucking every woman in the roster while married and John Morrison kind of  inventing the concept of cuckolding.  All alleged of course.   

What makes it something was exactly a week ago Corey is having a scorched earth policy just ripping on fans on twitter and writers and shit like a complete jackass.  Most people believe it was drunk tweeting.  If the messages were true maybe it was drunk and something else tweeting.   So yeah there is a rather why the phrase "this didn't age well" is used alot on Twitter

Naomi is clearly having the worst week ever and not just because of Carmella and NONE of it is her fault.   Edit:  Okay after reading the reports on Jimmy Uso incident some of it is her fault

Scott Steiner vs. Nick Gage from Friday was everything I hoped for and more. Rambling Steiner promo? Check. Horrible brawling? Check. Steiner actually taking some bumps? Check. Steiner telling fans to suck his cock? Check. A fan yelling for Scotty to hit a Frankensteiner and Scotty telling him to "eat a cheeseburger you fat fuck!"? CHECK. Scott Steiner using doors for tables? Check. Scott Steiner not getting low enough when whipped into a door so instead of going through it he shoulder tackles the top of the door and a guard rail while Joey Janela laughs on commentary? FUCKING CHECK. Scotty getting counted out after the world's worst Cactus elbow through a door in a match that had previously featured brawling outside of the ring for like 3 minutes straight? OH HELL YEAH. And a rambling Nick Gage promo as the cherry on top. Watch this for the train wreck. 

Edit: Naomi should've been driving down the right side of the street. I don't get this board's fascination with her.

• Like 6

Naomi is by all accounts and if you believe 1% of Total Divas, a great person. Jimmy drinking doesn't make him a bad person. Arguing with a cop, that's debatable, we don't know what kind of attitude the officer had. Some like to say slick stuff without provocation.

Corey is being dragged all over Twitter. So is Carmella, given that corey is married and has 3 kids I find it hard to feel bad for him or Mella. They are grown ups, they made these decisions and decisions have consequences.

• Like 6