DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Wreddit gave me the lovely reminder of that completely fucking dumb handicap match that the Usos won 2-0 last year right after Jay got arrested. So, who knows how this incident with Jimmy will affect them. 

44 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Regardless of whether her reign was a push or not, it will be the last one she gets for while. Guilty by Association

Yes. I remember WWE punishing AJ after Punk's walkout by letting her continue to hold her title through Mania, giving her two more runs with the butterfly belt, and putting her in a prominent feud with Paige. 

• Haha 1

If they do, I wonder if they'll try to do anything with Jimmy on his own. Might be a good time to try it without having to commit to a whole team break up and feud. Or maybe he'll get a substitute partner like the Big Show (who will then turn on him).

They didn't punish Jeff Hardy either for his DUI which - considering his history - should tell you everything you should need to know regarding the WWE's thoughts on booze vs. weed

I'm going to defend Naomi for a second: Detroit is laid out fucking terribly, and I don't know anyone who has visited Detroit a few times that hasn't at least once realized they just turned the wrong way on one way street.

----------

Backing up to Rusev: He gets over every single stupid thing that they throw at him, and his reward is always to job in the big match, eventually have whatever he just got over taken away, and be given some other silly thing that restarts the process. It's infuriating, but I guess they see him as a guy that can always get over so they don't need to protect him and he can just get other people over. Breaking up him and English was so fucking dumb. That could've been a main event act.

• Like 8

I'm not sure how far Rusev would have been pushed anyway, but I suspect most of his problems come from Lana. She seems like a nice person, but one who attracts drama while trying to further her career. Things seemed to start going downhill for them when she tipped off TMZ about their engagement when she had been put in that romance angle with Ziggler.

Big fan of Sonya so I look forward to her being included in Total Divas. Surprised the Bellas won't be on after 8 seasons. I guess Paige's return was a one season thing. I thought Lana often came off unlikable earlier in the show but this past season was her best. Rusev though was a genuine highlight of every episode he was on, my favorite being the one where he and Nikki plan Birdie's belated surprise birthday party, great legit funny stuff.

• Like 3

Even coming from someone who has done more stupid shit when drunk than you can shake an empty 40 at, I have to ask: just how fucking drunk do you have to be to bow up to an armed police officer?! Especially in a town where you can likely be disappeared into a vacant within a block of where you're at?

You gotta feel for Rusev, though venting like this probably isn't doing him any favors.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Backing up to Rusev: He gets over every single stupid thing that they throw at him, and his reward is always to job in the big match, eventually have whatever he just got over taken away, and be given some other silly thing that restarts the process. It's infuriating, but I guess they see him as a guy that can always get over so they don't need to protect him and he can just get other people over. Breaking up him and English was so fucking dumb. That could've been a main event act.

At first it was rumored that he was being sabotaged booking wise because Lana is his girl. The guy booked as Monster foriegn heel marries the hot girl and gets basically punished for it, that's so pet, but like I said about Joe , he makes anything the have him do, work. Even before he got to show personality and he was the traditional foriegn heel,  he was good at that. He has got to leave when his contract is up because he's over as a personality and he very sold in the ring, so I'm sure he can get a deal with New Japan or ROH or AEW he definitely can do more than alot of former WWE talent that charges large fees to work a few higher paying indies a month.

• Like 4

Granted this is coming for a David Penzer podcast with Buff Bagwell the bullshit is probably high but how about this WCW insanity

“So, I’ve wanted to ask you this forever. There was a rumor going around that Eric [Bischoff] wanted to work an angle having you “die” in a plane crash and come and interfere in a match and not smarten up the boys. Is that correct?”

“100% correct! MGM Grand was one of the last Halloween Havocs we did, and he (Eric) wanted me to die in a plane crash and so he was going to do it. I had already called my parents to get them ready for this, my wife to let them know, and then they switched it, I did some kind of a run in, I think in a Bill Clinton mask.” (If we went through with the original plan), “he wanted me to come down like a ghost, on wires, after the plane crash. Out of his mouth to me.”