DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Pro Wrestling Sheet - the WWE is negotiating with Batista for a match at WrestleMania

Here is the new world we are in though - supposedly Batista has an offer from AEW that he hasn't turned down yet

I mean the story is very clickbaity as it really does appear as Batista is just using the threat of AEW to up his leverage but hey, stranger things have happened

I would guess he is using AEW to leverage for that match with HHH he has wanted for a long time now.

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

Based on who we know Omega, the Bucks, Cody and Daniels are friends with. 

Usos to AEW confirmed!

Spoiler

e24fd5839474b90dd2b4c6c353507b15.jpg 

Samoa Joe to AEW confirmed!

Spoiler

eb74073ee72ecf1be57dba7b26ba9d0e.jpg

I find it dangerous to make such strong assumptions based on who's friends with who. A lot more than that goes into the mental calculus of deciding where you want to work. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah let's not forget that Sheamus being Irish ticks off that McMahon Sr. box for Vince too. He was a lock for a push on that alone.

You would think that would assuage the Becky fanatics about her push. :) 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AxB said:

or Adam Cole because he's dead.

Oh, like the ghost of Adam Cole isn't a license to print money.

Cole/Styles/Bàlor vs Kenny/Bucks in a Bullet Club revenge match would be cool. It wouldn't make a much story sense, but you could throw in the Good Brothers and Cody and Page for a big ten man elimination match or something.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, AxB said:

Based on who we know Omega, the Bucks, Cody and Daniels are friends with.

So you're saying Omega, the Bucks, Cody and Daniels to WWE since they are friends with AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows and a ton of other ex indy guys they worked regularly with?

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

-I like Sheamus much more in a tag role than singles.  The soccer fan vibe he gives off with Cesaro is top-notch and they work quite well with some awesome teams.  Along with the other issues people had with him though he's also delivered some nasty shots that upset some people.  One that comes to mind is the kick to Jeff Hardy that knocked out his tooth.  I just remember he got a lot of grief over that.  

Yes, but then he kicked Enzo's face off and everyone forgave him.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 2/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, RolandTHTG said:

Elliot Sexton, Jonah Rock and Loverboy Lachie Hendricks from Melbourne City Wrestling all signed by WWE, confirmed by Fox today.

My Buddy Murphy invasion stable dream grows by the day...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If being Irish is all it takes, where was my big Finlay push? 

That brief period where Finlay was helping to get Lashley over, and the time period where “The Little Bastard” has no origin was good enough in my book. When he started using that jolly entrance music is when it went downhill. Also...

5 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If being Irish is all it takes, where was my big Finlay push? 

Finlay beating the shit out of dudes on mid-'00s Smackdown! deserved more play. Hammering guys with that shillelagh, doing that fucking apron-assisted atomic drop, punching dudes square in the face...so good. 

He's another dude in my "Looks like he would fuck you up bad for real" HoF. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

because he does most of the time

I love this DVDVR revisionist history that Vince is always a genius and has good taste.

VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHON

That's who I think of when I think of "good taste." Not saying that every once in awhile he doesn't get something right, but damn, you take enough shots and you're bound to hit something.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

A lot of people have said over the years that Vince personally loves great wrestling, he just doesn't believe it will sell.

Ah, so Vince was Thibs. No wonder he hated Meltzer so much.

• Haha 12

Finlay was in the perfect spot, without having to win the big belt. He also consistently won in crooked cunning ways that legitimized him, and kept his face opponents looking strong. He never overstayed his welcome too, although he could have provided as a legit top face if they didn’t de-fang him so much. It helped as well that he was playing 2nd to the great King Bookah angle that was providing great color at the top instead of the dreadful JBL angle that dragged on way too long.

Who was it that didn’t like Finlay’s comeback so much that they tried to kill it by giving him a Leprechaun?