DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Still baffled as to why they didn't have Lita do that right before the match instead of on the pre-show. I guess to get more viewers, or whatever, but it would have made the moment a little more special, in my eyes at least.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Corey Graves once again on Twitter showing why you should never go try to go FULL CM Punk  ?

Ace Steel was right when he called Sterling James Keenan a CM Punk clone in a promo. He also called Chad Collyer a "half-assed Malenko clone" in the same promo.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

We mocked the shit out of this at the time and probably deservingly so but now most death match promotion use doors instead table for their weapons because they are cheaper.  I guess you can thank Sami Calihan for that weird trend 

back in high school when my friends and i did backyard wrestling we used hollow-core interior doors because i could buy them for a dollar.

we still referred to them as tables, though. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, twiztor said:

back in high school when my friends and i did backyard wrestling we used hollow-core interior doors because i could buy them for a dollar.

we still referred to them as tables, though. 

We slung a sheet of drywall over two sawhorses.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Casey said:

Hey, speaking of Corey Graves and his tweets. He mentions someone we all love!

I don't follow Corey or that Bix person on Twitter or wrestling Twitter drama, so I have no idea what led to this, so can someone please summarize what this entire deal is about?

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I thought Sexton had already signed? Guy is a stud and very funny/smart. High potential for him.

Jonah Rock is amazing too. I wish he had signed for AEW but let's hope we get some WALTER/Rock matches in NXT UK (I'm assuming that's where they'll start).

I've only really seen Sexton as a babyface champion that was like a Sammartino/Hogan type, lot of punch/kick, long never ending heel heat spot, comeback formula stuff that didn't really resonate at all. From all reports, his heel run and his promos whilst over in Orlando as a house husband have been fantastic.

Looking forward to Jonah Rock coming in and fucking shit up.

7 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Elliot Sexton, Jonah Rock and Loverboy Lachie Hendricks from Melbourne City Wrestling all signed by WWE, confirmed by Fox today.

Loverboy as well??? I thought that was a work with his Uncle Paul promos. A real sleeper of a signing though, his character work is so great. Love to see who becomes his NXT Miami.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Edwin said:

I don't follow Corey or that Bix person on Twitter or wrestling Twitter drama, so I have no idea what led to this, so can someone please summarize what this entire deal is about?

I tried to figure out.. and still can't really tell. It seems Graves said something about defending Bill DeMott as his trainer, Bix made a comment about Stu Hart not really being the wrestling trainer of guys in the Dungeon and then Corey went off on him for thinking he knows everything while Bix insists he has no idea what set Graves off... but Corey had also been arguing with various fans all day. Then someone brought up another tweet from a year ago where they had argued back then as well with Graves mocking Bix as 'wishing he worked for WWE like him' so must be an ongoing/reoccurring thing.

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't think they've used Diva since the Becky, Charlotte, Sasha call-ups; then retiring the awful Divas belt at the following WM; outside of plugging Total Divas.

We are taking away this ugly belt.

Great, it's about time.

Here is your new ugly belt.

• Haha 1

If anybody is interested, I recorded the Revival v Gable/Roode match from the house show last night. It's not the 30-40 minute match they were having last weekend, but was still a really good, solid 23 minutes and was the match that got the crowd in to it more than any other match all night long. The definite match of the night. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Given how he talks on Twitter about issues especially tonight, I am guessing that a part of him dies every time he is has to spit out some progressive idea that someone in the back feeds him during a Daniel Bryan match.

Clearly not all of the CM Punk cosplay he adopts like straightedge.  I mean you have to have some substances in you to go out of your way to defend Bill Demott of all people.  When you have Michael Elgin supporting you then you know you are fucked

53 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm gonna go ahead and make a wild guess that Corey Graves might have a personal issue or two that need resolving.

He's going through a divorce for starters.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

He's going through a divorce for starters.

I was unaware of that. That's one of the most stressful things anyone can go through. I've never been married, but I had a nine year relationship end and it really caused me to behave incredibly strangely and poorly and I'm not even on TV, I'm just some guy. Hope he makes it through okay. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I was unaware of that. That's one of the most stressful things anyone can go through. I've never been married, but I had a nine year relationship end and it really caused me to behave incredibly strangely and poorly and I'm not even on TV, I'm just some guy. Hope he makes it through okay. 

A couple of my friends got divorced and neither of them had kids and at the time I thought that would never happen to me and I never want that to happen to me. They were absolutely miserable. Not like pissed off miserable, but withdrawn, sad, depressed, anxious, that kind of miserable.

And then I went through my own divorce and my daughter was 3 at the time. Nothing prepares you for the litany of sad events that are bound to occur. Even when you think you're on good footing, the day you wind up being served with divorce papers is alarming. All I could wonder about is what would happen to my daughter. Beyond that, I wondered how I would get on. First thing I did was I started working out and I booked myself for an appointment with a therapist and I was lucky enough to find the right therapist on the first try. He basically wound up guiding me through that entire transition. Even with all of that help I'd still spend so much time being sad. Even hanging out with friends wasn't fun. It's just a dark cloud that hangs over your head the entire time.

None of this is to excuse Graves of what he's doing, but if it's a contributing factor, that sucks. The best thing to do is to just go offline because one of two things is happening and neither of them are good if he's just in a bad place....One, he feels like just being a dick to people to put them in their place, or two, he's doing this because it makes him feel good.

• Like 4