DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

When Sheamus was WWE champion the first time I had forgotten the belt existed. That’s how bad he was as champ. But it’s not all his fault. He had no business being the world champion, but he was booked as a fluke heel champion, instead of the beastly champion who beat Cena clean for it. It’s also telling when you are given the belt only because you make the guy(Roman) who’s going to win it back from you look better, because you shouldn’t be in a top spot, and then the fans will be happy when the guy that they don’t want as champ wins it because you are so terrible at being the champ.

33 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

Are YouTube shows like WhatCulture and Wrestling with Wregret supposed to be funny?

I am trying to figure out what I watched that keeps making Cultaolic videos show up in my recommendation list

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am trying to figure out what I watched that keeps making Cultaolic videos show up in my recommendation list

Yea, that's pretty much my situation.  I think I watched one shitty Whatculture video and now all I get is more videos like that in my feed, and then I continue to hate-watch some of them.  What is wrong with me?  To be fair, Wrestling with Wregret did have some cool videos on defunct promotions, that beneath all the shitty, obnoxious humor, had some good footage and basic info.  Who knew that the Warlord was in the AWF?

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The algorithm is very much based on 'People who like this also like that'. And if you're watching Wrestling related content on YT, it's going to look for other Wrestling related content. And whilst Whatculture and Cuntaholic are clickbaity trash... clickbaity trash gets views (so google thinks people like it). Just be sure to Dislike anything from those channels you do watch and it might push them down your recommended tag a bit.

Has the WWE actually retired the term 'Diva'? Because they described Becky as 'One of the Superstars' on Raw.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The WWE is doing a gauntlet match again among the EC participants (winner enters last)

It’s probably not going 90 minutes again but with the folks involved it could go the full two hours and I doubt many would complain 

If I get 45 minutes of Randy Orton on my TV I'm holding you personally responsible Phil.

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

The algorithm is very much based on 'People who like this also like that'. And if you're watching Wrestling related content on YT, it's going to look for other Wrestling related content. And whilst Whatculture and Cuntaholic are clickbaity trash... clickbaity trash gets views (so google thinks people like it). Just be sure to Dislike anything from those channels you do watch and it might push them down your recommended tag a bit.

Has the WWE actually retired the term 'Diva'? Because they described Becky as 'One of the Superstars' on Raw.

Yes, almost 3 years ago at the Dallas WrestleMania. Except for Total Divas keeping the name for obvious "established show name" reasons.

19 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Elliot Sexton, Jonah Rock and Loverboy Lachie Hendricks from Melbourne City Wrestling all signed by WWE, confirmed by Fox today.

I thought Sexton had already signed? Guy is a stud and very funny/smart. High potential for him.

Jonah Rock is amazing too. I wish he had signed for AEW but let's hope we get some WALTER/Rock matches in NXT UK (I'm assuming that's where they'll start).

28 minutes ago, AxB said:

They still refer to the "Divas" Championship from time to time when talking about old stats, but other than that it's been mostly phased out.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:42 PM, Matt D said:

I want to say this is fun too, but I don't entirely remember:

Thank you for the trip down memory lane. This was the main event for the first MSG house show that I ever attended - a matinee show with barely 6,000 in attendance. I bought a ringside ticket outside the Garden from a homeless guy for 10 bucks (his quote: “You want this? They just came around and handed them out to us”) and the card was filled with lots of occupation gimmicks (The Goon, The Stalker, TL Hopper).

Difficult to see with the tape quality, but Shawn sets up the super kick finish by distracting Goldust via smooch.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reminder about Yoshi whooping on Sheamus, that shit was too funny. Put me in the "digs him in tags" group. The "shoved down throat" singles performer was egregious but him in the Bar stiffing people is just fine. 

This talk reminded me of this. Is that Tessa Blanchard at the beginning?! 

• Like 2

On 2/9/2019 at 8:27 AM, Ryan said:

February 19, 2011–National Wrestling Superstars: Gene Snitsky defeated Danny Inferno in a “Loser Goes Through A Door” match..

We mocked the shit out of this at the time and probably deservingly so but now most death match promotion use doors instead table for their weapons because they are cheaper.  I guess you can thank Sami Calihan for that weird trend 

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Thanks for the reminder about Yoshi whooping on Sheamus, that shit was too funny. Put me in the "digs him in tags" group. The "shoved down throat" singles performer was egregious but him in the Bar stiffing people is just fine. 

This talk reminded me of this. Is that Tessa Blanchard at the beginning?! 

I'll be damned, yeah that is Tessa.

5 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm kinda with you, Craig. The Bar has really given rise to a Sheamu-ssiance in my house after approval was at an all time low during that League of Nations title reign (not that it was his fault)

Re-Sheamussance was right there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

I don't think they've used Diva since the Becky, Charlotte, Sasha call-ups; then retiring the awful Divas belt at the following WM; outside of plugging Total Divas.

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't think they've used Diva since the Becky, Charlotte, Sasha call-ups; then retiring the awful Divas belt at the following WM; outside of plugging Total Divas.

Well, that was a year's gap in between her debut and the formal dismantling of the Divas division and title - so they did refer to them as Divas still up to WrestleMania 32. Those three debuted in July 2015, and obviously 'Mania was in April 2016.

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

Well, that was a year's gap in between her debut and the formal dismantling of the Divas division and title - so they did refer to them as Divas still up to WrestleMania 32. Those three debuted in July 2015, and obviously 'Mania was in April 2016.

I didn't think it was that long. Thanks.