DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

29 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

4 future champs in WWE?  Am I right? 

Adam Pearce had long hair?

This is the first time I recall watching him:

Crazy where he's at now.

That promo. Swoosh.

Quack is back! Seriously, it's awesome the people that are getting the opportunity to come train at the Performance Center.

Yesterday Kendo Kashin and today Mike Quackenbush. Tomorrow it may end up being Ian Rotten or Necro Butcher!

35 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I only count 3, unless I forgot someone's gimmick.  Eugene, Matthews, and Truth.  Who's the 4th?

Also, LOL at Legend being listed twice.

48 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hey, I worked with a handful of those names. Aahh, memories... The standard for indy workers is so much incredibly higher now. Wrestling was so popular back then that every goof with a couple bucks was inspired to become a promoter & start a fed and put on a show, and innumerable sub-normals were inspired to believe that their love of wrestling was a substitution for dedication, athleticism, talent, intelligence and/or study, thusly stepping into the ring in county fairs, VA halls and armories (and backyards) everywhere. I loved it (in hindsight).

- RAF

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Also, LOL at Legend being listed twice.

There are a bunch of folks listed twice (mainly due to being in a tag team and singles)

Boyce LeGrande and Ashley Hudson to name two

53 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I only count 3, unless I forgot someone's gimmick.  Eugene, Matthews, and Truth.  Who's the 4th?

I guess you could argue Daniels since the WWE owns the title lineage for his WCW titles???

That's the only thing I can think of

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

Quack is back! Seriously, it's awesome the people that are getting the opportunity to come train at the Performance Center.

Yesterday Kendo Kashin and today Mike Quackenbush. Tomorrow it may end up being Ian Rotten or Necro Butcher!

I want guest trainer Nate Webb.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Man I remember reading about allllll those dudes in the Apter mags. I was just thinking about reckless youth the other day when I saw the WWF c show thread pop up. I kinda remember him working shotgun or something but I'm not 100%

It was Shotgun

He wrestled Steve Corino

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I want guest trainer Nate Webb.

There was rumors some years ago he was a guest coach, but unfortunately he then said it wasn't true.

Would love to see someone walk out to Teenage Dirtbag in NXT.

47 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

They were an act I always wished would've lasted much longer than they did, felt they got split way too soon.

I think they could have made a bigger impact if they were presented as dangerous brawlers on the ring in the vein of the sheepherders. a couple of greasers should be punching and kicking people bloody sometimes.

• Like 3

You do realise the FBI monitor the internet, right? Because fed could easily mean federal agent, rather than wrestling federation. And it could be seen as you're panhandling for funds to bribe a law enforcement officer there.

Also, airfare to Japan, hotel, tickets to a show and however you organise a sponsored meal with a wrestler can't come to much than ten thousand at most, right? You could be having dinner with Hana next week if you set your mind to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5