DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

The WWE is rolling out the "Wrestler who is injured claims they aren't injured because they want to make Meltzer look bad" troupe again.

This time AJ Styles is on Twitter claiming he doesn't have a hernia

I feel like they do this about every 6 months. Last time I remember it was when Sasha Banks was injured and they were trying to act like she wasn't and she missed like 3 weeks worth of shows.

• Like 2

Does it suggest "Joe" as the follow-up to "Samoa"? Mine does. And not because I've told it to, either.

In the episode of BTE* where they go to a Hot Topic shop and are disappointed that they've only got one Bullet Club shirt left, there are Buy One Shirt, Get One for $5 all over the place.

* I started at episode one last month and I'm up to episode 71 now. Flip Gordon was getting a regular "Where do you think you're going/ Welcome to Ring of Honor"  hazing deal and that's more than a year ago. But my favourite so far was number 47.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Edwin said:

Of all the pro-wrestlers in the world, WWE had KENDO KASHIN at the Performance Center today. ??‍♂️

He seemed to be considered a bad pro wrestler (and I'll have to admit I thought along those lines). But having seen him ages ago in Hannover I can say dude knows wrestling. He is not necessarilly what is widely regarded as strong style, but he damned sure knew how to get the crowds (Krauts) going. 

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The WWE is rolling out the "Wrestler who is injured claims they aren't injured because they want to make Meltzer look bad" troupe again.

This time AJ Styles is on Twitter claiming he doesn't have a hernia

I feel like they do this about every 6 months. Last time I remember it was when Sasha Banks was injured and they were trying to act like she wasn't and she missed like 3 weeks worth of shows.

Sometimes it's ever weirder though. Remember when Meltz reported on like a Friday that Darren Young had a torn ACL and he was indignant about fake reporting/"dirt sheets"? And then on Monday WWE reported Darren Young had a torn ACL.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, twiztor said:

saying this now: the March Madness tournament is the best/worst part of this board. iirc we didn't have one last year and we're all worse off. please letthis tradition return!!

If anything, this past year has proven that we need March Madness.  It's like our Purge.  The one month a year we can get all the crap out of our system.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/5/2019 at 5:33 PM, D.Z said:

Meltzer mentioned this morning that Fox is already hedging its bets.  I can't remember the exact wording but the gist is that a Fox exec said that Smackdown on Fridays would be "short term" or something.  See, Fox picked up SD to get guaranteed ratings on what is traditionally a soft night.  Well now Fox has some Friday night shows doing really well so they're having second thoughts.  I forget the numbers, but SD would be either 1/4 or 1/2 the ratings of these shows. 

WWE have such a huge roster outside of the main shows. Maybe they should try to have unannounced soft debuts to fill in time. Plus giving guys a “chance” to show what they have. WCW used to do that during their peak years from 95 to 97. When they started doing that less is when the shows started going real bad.

53 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’ll return, when Punk returns. So maybe never.

But honestly, how far would Ziggler go in a hypothetical tournament? Sure I don’t like Ziggler the same as most, but he was a big help when it came to filling out the roster for better, or for worst.

The tournaments are in the Defunct Side Projects subfolder, so they don't have to be hypothetical, but I do remember arguing the last year that Dolph's spot be given to someone else that had a prayer because of the level of hate he gets on the board.

If your desire to run a tournament is so strong, you're willing to start a new website, put a message board on there, and then host the tournament there yourself, then yes you can run one. If you want to run one, but not quite that much, then no, you can't. @RIPPA's roof, RIPPA's rules.

• Like 1