DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

9 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

"Dijack" isn't that bad outside of it rhymes with Ryback. And that can be a thing.

I worked a show with him as a ring announcer and I asked him for a pronunciation of his last name, to be sure I had it right, and that was the exact line he used. "It rhymes with Ryback" 

• Like 1

If I use someone's old name, it's usually because I can't remember what the fuck I'm supposed to be calling him today. I'm bad with names as it is; now you want me to cycle between different ones every 3-4 years?

Might be worth noting on the Nigel doc on the Network, when Bryan texted him after winning his first WWE championship, Nigel called him "Dragon."

• Like 1

Did anybody have a moment in there life where they didn’t tell their friends, and family that they watched professional wrestling? I know when I was 8(I know that’s really fucking young) that happened. I knew that wrestling was fake as shit, and anytime my sister channel surfed when she landed on the same channel, I switched immediately to another program fast while I was in my room with the door closed. For some reason anytime you watched the same channel as somebody else, the sound of both TV’s synced in such a way that you can hear the same channel clearly in another room. When that happened I’d always get a “What are you watching!?”. Sometimes when I was in the same room with a family member that changed to a channel with wrestling on I’d say stuff like “Who’d watch this dumb shit!?”. Deep down I was like “Me, that’s who”.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Oh, knowledgeable folks of DVDR... I have a question for you. I recently watched lots of Sid Vicious / Justice videos. When precisely did the whole Millenium Man Deal go down? I remember it to be one of the best things in an otherwise not too good WCW. But when did it start? 

I have narrowed it down to somewhere between June 13th and Halloween Havoc 99. He came in as bodyguard to Macho at the GAB that year. I really have no idea when he started powerbombing undercarders during their matches with his own ref holding up signs saying 84-0 and such though... 

Edit: Also, was Sid v Goldberg really good or do I just wish for it to have been good? 

24 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

I have narrowed it down to somewhere between June 13th and Halloween Havoc 99. He came in as bodyguard to Macho at the GAB that year. I really have no idea when he started powerbombing undercarders during their matches with his own ref holding up signs saying 84-0 and such though... 

Edit: Also, was Sid v Goldberg really good or do I just wish for it to have been good? 

Yes, it was in late summer/early fall of 1999 leading into the Goldberg feud.

Sid vs. Goldberg was fun and better than it had any right to be.

I wish there were some legit monster wrestlers today. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Yes, it was in late summer/early fall of 1999 leading into the Goldberg feud.

Sid vs. Goldberg was fun and better than it had any right to be.

I wish there were some legit monster wrestlers today. 

If Lars ever recovers from whatever he has, then he, and Strowman would potentially make a great rivalry.

• Like 1

Sid was getting built up as "undefeated since returning" to challenge "undefeated, period*" Goldberg

he was Macho Man's bodyguard and (IIRC) the most plausible suspect for the forever unanswered "Who Was Hummer Driver" mystery (I assume Savage's retirement made it moot, on top of WCW just forgetting/abandoning it)

Oh that fucking white Hummer angle. They should’ve payed RVD a truckload of cash, and weed to be the driver. I always say when they do angles like that, that if you can’t get a well known outsider, then don’t bother doing it. The last good one was DDP, but then they for some reason after the reveal they didn’t forget the part that he was a stalker, and not the fucking master of the Diamond Cutter, Diamond Dallas Page!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

Sid's ref for that was Lil' Naitch. 

11 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Well, in defense there, he is trying to be an old-fashioned heel and was a very good heel in WWE, so I'm sure he'd love to keep being able to draw ex-PAC Heat in AEW.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I've been watching all the Portland Wrestling I can find on YouTube. What a criminally overlooked territory. MAybe it's because I'm from the Pacific Northwest but this is some straight shootin no frills wrestling. Dutch Savage is a fucking boss who never gets his due.

7 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I've read about this whole ordeal in Pipers first book, first time I've ever watched it. I guess Piper was never not Piper.

Piper ruled.

Watching Portland will also/should give you some love for Buddy Rose.