DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

54 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Even Dolph back in 2008 was given 15 minutes to come up with something better than that, and he I guess spent that fifteen minutes listening to Ratt or something 

could've been worse.

He could've had 9 months and come up with "Bruce"

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beech27 said:

My first exposure to Chris Hero was a Juggalo Championshit Wrestling VHS my freshman year roommate showed me, in which he is called: The Bicurious Hero, Chris Hoagie, Chris Homo, and—most enthusiastically—Piss Taco. So I guess what I’m saying is Chris Hero struck me as less awful than it might have, given the context. 

"Piss Taco" Chris Homo would have been sleaze gold.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

Even Dolph back in 2008 was given 15 minutes to come up with something better than that, and he I guess spent that fifteen minutes listening to Ratt or something 

You'd think Dolph would have come up with a name combined from hair metal band members.

Ex. David Lee Rockett

RE: old names vs WWE names.

It's kinda like calling Tom Selleck's character in Blue Bloods "Magnum PI" because you liked that character better. The wrestler who played Chris Hero is now the wrestler playing Kassius Ohno. I understand the nostalgia, though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Infinit said:

RE: old names vs WWE names.

It's kinda like calling Tom Selleck's character in Blue Bloods "Magnum PI" because you liked that character better. The wrestler who played Chris Hero is now the wrestler playing Kassius Ohno. I understand the nostalgia, though.

Don’t start that. Chris Hero isn’t really playing a character any different than he did wrestling on the indies. A better comparison is Husky Harris, and Bray Wyatt. Not only is it a different gimmick, but a different role entirely. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

You know, I hear people all the time refer to actors by character names. "Did you see the new movie about the gut with the genius kid? It has Captain America in it"

Yeah, but they're not doing to feel smarter about the film business and that's how it comes off in wrestling circles.

• Like 2

I don't think that's always the case with wrestling fans either.

When I see Ohno, I literally think "Chris Hero." No agenda, no "ha I know his old name" just when I see that dude I see Chris Hero.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't think that's always the case with wrestling fans either.

When I see Ohno, I literally think "Chris Hero." No agenda, no "ha I know his old name" just when I see that dude I see Chris Hero.

I don't think it's intentional, it's just how it appears. Because some fans do call CM Punk "Phil" just to be smart and it's annoying. And I'm no better since I'll probably call PAC "Neville" for a year at least.

How vocal does this guy have to be to get his R-Truth WWE title run?

If I boo everyone and then bust out a megaphone for the “Let’s go Truth” chants will Vince & co listen?

92yo & still beating up on whippersnappers like Rusev & Nakamura.

#Truth  #WholeTruth  #NothinButRTruth

• Like 2

Speaking of bad names. From easy to say, Dijak, to one that is four syllables too long, Dijakovic. That’s one where I’m extremely okay with people going back to the indie name, as a nickname.

Wonder why he couldn’t go by his real name, Chris Dijak? Has “Dijak” been trademarked?

• Like 4