DVDVR Message Board

Dick Miller has died. He deserves his own thread.

piranesi

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/dick-miller-dead-dies-gremlins-terminator-1203124265/

182 acting credits on IMDB. Not near the most by a long shot but I'd wager one of the highest percentages of amazing and recognizable roles ever.

You know him and love him whether you know it or not.

that_guy_dick_miller_390.jpg?1415938350

He was so great in A BUCKET OF BLOOD

bucket-of-blood-1.jpg

Obviously his name and face go hand-in-hand with Roger Corman, but there are also the super famous roles in GREMLINS, TERMINATOR, EXPLORERS, NIGHT OF THE CREEPS, THE 'BURBS, CHOPPING MALL, AFTER HOURS, THE HOWLING, and on and on and on.

If a genie came to me and said I could either have Tom Cruise's career or Dick Miller's career I would go Dick all the way.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Always dug Miller. He had real no-nonsense acting chops to match his name and you always got a solid working man's performance out of whatever he did. Even in those early Corman flicks like Gunslinger and It Conquered the World, he was really good in a way that trumped the material he had to work with. RIP.

I always hoped that there would be a sequel to Explorers so that the boys could've taken Charlie Drake along with them on their next voyage in the Thunder Road II. :(

He also played the poor pawn shop owner that the T-100 blows away in The Terminator.

RIP, Dick Miller.

I mentioned this in the movie thread but apparently in 2018 Dick Miller was my most watched actor according to letterboxd.

His career would be the dream. In enough movies to make a living, memorable enough that people like it when you show up, but not famous enough that you can't go outside without cameras everywhere.

2019 might be another Dick Miller year for me now.