DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXV - 4/7/2019

Dolfan in NYC

The Road has officially begun as the top two matches are set.   Here's the card, updating as they do:

FOR THE WWE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP:  Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Becky Lynch

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins

WWE.com does list the RAW Women's Title as a one on one.  Meltzer is claiming that the plan as of right now is to insert Charlotte Flair and make it a triple threat but they made no mention of Becky Lynch not "deserving" the shot so if Flair is in I'm not sure how they will go about it.  Also this:  

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 10:41 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

WWE.com does list the RAW Women's Title as a one on one.  Meltzer is claiming that the plan as of right now is to insert Charlotte Flair and make it a triple threat but they made no mention of Becky Lynch not "deserving" the shot so if Flair is in I'm not sure how they will go about it.  Also this:  

SMH. It isn't brain surgery. Becky/Ronda, Asuka/Charlotte. This fucking company.

• Like 5

As far as the quality of the match goes, Charlotte vs Becky vs Ronda would be ridiculously great. But after how hot the crowd has been for Becky to have her moment, I don't know how Charlotte doesn't come off like a 3rd wheel. And that's nothing against Charlotte. She's awesome and deserves a prominent spot at Mania. I'm not a big fan of a champion challenges her competition story, but you could do worse then Asuka calling out Charlotte wanting to avenge last year's WrestleMania and generally being pissed off that everyone is talking about fighting Ronda when she's right there waiting to kick someone's ass.

• Like 3

Plus then you still have Charlotte/Ronda II in reserve. Plus Asuka/Becky II. And Asuka/Ronda. So if Ronda just works big 4 type shows, that takes her through the end of the year, more or less. With huge matches.

Charlotte should be in a prominent match on the show but so should Sasha and nobody is feeling sorry for her. At least Charlotte has a backup plan part II vs. Asuka. Sasha has nothing.  This is one where management should be able to take the room temperature and arrive at the right decision but I don't think they will. I'll be surprised if they get it right. 

33 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Presumably it's Boss N Hug in the women's tag title match, maybe against Trish and Lita.

In a perfect world Sasha and Bayley walk out of WrestleMania as the tag team champions. My personal preference would be them dethroning the Riot Squad(let's pretend they win at Elimination Chamber)at Mania to stand triumphant. A legends match sounds good in theory but I'm just so tired across the board of people from the past coming out of the woodwork for Mania. I want to see how good today's stars can be. I want them to have moments to shine. I know that's asking a great deal of the current creative team. But I have the network. If I want to watch Trish or Lita Ill go there. Give me something new

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

Given that Lesnar is basically Thanos, I'm wondering if Seth wears Captain Marvel inspired gear. I like Seth a lot, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

Maybe he could do Squirrel Girl instead.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Road has officially begun as the top two matches are set.   Here's the card, updating as they do:

FOR THE WWE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP:  Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Becky Lynch

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins

First title match I'm interested in unlike the second.

I don't want to re-litigate Rollins as a performer but since this is clearly his crowning moment as ace of the company I wonder how he'll do as a draw. (I'm assuming they're actually going to run with him and not swerve us, bro, by having Lesnar go over again, although it would be hilarious if they did that two Manias in a row.) All snark aside, the audiences seem to dig him but can he carry Raw?

Trish can still go, but Lita is terrible. Problem is, Trish doesn't have another partner they can put with her against Boss and Hug. Maybe Boss and Hug get screwed at Elimination Chamber, and get revenge and the titles at Mania?

The problem with the who deserves what argument is several women deserve good spots. Only a precious few will get them. Naomi and Carmella are popular with strong fanbases and title reigns. No one is advocating for them to get a prime slot. Why would Naomi be in the Women's Battle Royal again? She won last year and they did nothing with it. What about Alexa Bliss? Heck, Nia Jax in a high-profile spot will give them some of the mainstream press they love. 

They didn't even bother congratulating Asuka for successfully defending her title on the show she represents. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Do we know for sure that Trish is available for and interested in a match at Wrestlemania?

Because if they insist on adding Charlotte to the Becky-Ronda match, Trish putting over Asuka isn't the worst plan they could make.

Weirdly enough despite a rematch with Charlotte being better w/o question I actually would prefer we get Asuka vs. Trish or Asuka vs. Nikki Bella. The former was the original match we were supposed to have at Takeover Toronto, but Trish ended up pregnant while I liked the latter's faceoff during last year's RR.

I mean it's Maina, Becky vs Ronda (vs Charlotte?) is gonna be bonkers and have some heat to it. The show im wondering about is the ROH/New Japan MSG show. They sold the show out sure but is the place gonna be packed or not. Hopefully New Japan pads the fuck outta the show and bring sin the heavy hitters, but thats not what this thread is about.

37 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

This is the first Mania since 2014 that I won't be attending live but rather will be watching on at home on my television.

Man, you're a trooper. If I paid money to watch that shitshow in Dallas live (I was moments away from buying a scalped ticket and making the drive), I think I would have quit watching entirely.

• Like 2

I mean IDK it was cool, that years SuperCard of Honor was better with Bucks vs Hardys in a ladder war, Lethal and Cody playing Terry and Dusty and Daniels and Dalton giving the Bucks and the Hardys something to follow but it how long the show was is what got me more so then the booking. Thats the thing since Dallas the shows are way too F'ing long. My brother and I got burned out by the marathon of a weekend the event became.  Plus we can't afford New York.

We might go back if they end up back on the West Coast if the new LA stadium is up and running next year we will go to that. I live in Vegas he lives in Washington State.

We also both said we will fly out to Minnesota in early April if they end up running Mania there just to say we did. We are both half goofy like that.

I wish the original plan for Citi Field was done back in the early 2000's. it would have been a domed stadium kinda like Cardinal's Stadium in Phoenix with a field that rolled out. I say this because the weather in New Jersey at the Meadowlands still can be a crap shoot. Could be a monsoon. Could be a snow storm. They really got lucky at WM 30. Seeing how it's going from 5 degrees to almost 60 next week here in the city, I think weather could be an issue this year.

So how long is the show going to be this year? Another seven hours from preshow to end?