DVDVR Message Board

Daisy, We Hardly Knew Ye - SDL - 1/29/2019

Dolfan in NYC

43 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Amazing that a belt that probably cost no more than $75 is so much nicer looking that the actual belt

I was just reading something earlier about this. A guy who makes the title belts professionally said an all organic title would cost like $6000 (compared to, say, the IC belt - $1500). Because it’s never been done before and would require a lot of work to get it right. He mentioned doing it out of a cork like material, though. 

To be clear, this is just the belt part, not the entire title itself IE the jewels and whatnot.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Considering WrestleMania is about to be headlined by a woman's match, Orton pulling the "didn't you get beat by a girl?" came off insanely out of touch.

It seems like the natural response that would come from Randy Orton. I mean, just look at him. His appearance screams "I'm emotionally stunted and have issues with women.".

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

So we're going to get a Rey/Almas blowoff match at EC right?

And it should be a #1 contender's match.

Winner faces the WWE Champion at Mania as Rollins is going after the Universal title. That's how we get to Rey v Bryan.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, The Natural said:

DyH8_xPWkAUh7C-.jpg

Good for Truth.

Love him or hate him, the guy takes everything he is given and just runs with it full steam ahead. He is 67 years old and looks as fit as ever. Give that man his WrestleMania Moment *tm*

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Fun show. With how great Charolette has been, I'm down for either a 3 way or a 1v1 at Wrestlemania. But I feel they'll pull a 4 way with Nia in there. A female Wrestlemania 2000.

Samoa Joe is such a great bully. 

R-Truth win was the best favor returned booking. You'll get beat up by Nia Jax but we'll give you the midcard title. Plus, all that zaniness is leading to a pretty cool tag match no one saw coming. Will this lead to a baller new team or add to the US title picture feud? 

Rey is neat.

Andrade is also neat. 

16 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

Kinda shitty that they couldn't find a spot for Asuka on the show.

No one said her name three times?

Not sure if it's what they're going for, but it's kind of cool how she comes and goes. 

17 minutes ago, The Natural said:

DyIJa-OU0AAFCpi.jpg

The New Daniel Bryan and The New WWE Championship!

My close friend and former assistant when I ran Steel City Wrestling in the 90's, Andrew Lazarchik of Wildcat Belts is the creator of this and most of the WWE belts these days..kudos to him on this masterpiece...

• Like 10

Everything about that DB segment ruled so much. All-time great promo.

1) As stated before, Rowan's logo using the recycling symbol is some next level stuff.

2) Daisy. 

3) Rowan and DB both looking like they're about to stock the shelves at a grocery co-op in Eugene, Oregon.

4) A title made of 100% sustainable, organic hemp. Whoever came up with that is a total genius. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

Considering WrestleMania is about to be headlined by a woman's match, Orton pulling the "didn't you get beat by a girl?" came off insanely out of touch.  But hey, as long as you enjoyed it.

In fairness, Samoa Joe's theme saved Ali's horrible comeback.

Anytime any situation in life needs saving, Samoa Joe's theme should hit. Joe can be the new Mentos.

Samoa Joe: The Freshmaker

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Here's how the Truth stuff went.  

R-Truth was granted a U.S. title match with Nakamura because he had his Royal Rumble spot taken.  

R-Truth pinned Nakamura via roll up to WIN THE U.S. TITLE.  Nakamura actually had his shoulder up at two and the referee missed it.  

Rusev came out and said this is all bullshit. Face me right now for the U.S. title.  

Lana and Carmella got into it and Rusev went after Carmella.  Truth stepped in and said okay let's fight.  

R-Truth wins against Rusev with a roll up and RETAINS.  

Nakamura shows back up and kills Truth.  Rusev joins in and stomps Truth as well..  

In the back the Good Brothers step to Rusev and say "hey, what's your deal? Why you do that to Truth?".   Rusev says fuck off.  Nakamura shows up and has Rusev's back.  

Next week on SMACKDOWN it's the Good Brothers vs. Rusev & Nakamura.  Rusev told Nakamura "I'll team with you once,  do not screw me over." 

I loved all of this. 

That sounds cool, but Truth should have cited the Maven Precedent and demanded a shot at Bryan, not Nakamura.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I was just reading something earlier about this. A guy who makes the title belts professionally said an all organic title would cost like $6000 (compared to, say, the IC belt - $1500). Because it’s never been done before and would require a lot of work to get it right. He mentioned doing it out of a cork like material, though. 

To be clear, this is just the belt part, not the entire title itself IE the jewels and whatnot.

Dan corrected himself and said the cork would be 3x the price of the leather itself, not the total belt. For example, its $300 for your replica to be releathered (by him), so, do some sort of math and you’ll get your price range, then add that to however much plates/jewels normally are. 

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

I don't mind it at all.  Overexposure is the biggest problem on the main shows right now.  They don't need to shoehorn her in every week.

You kind of do if you want to have two hot women's matches for WM. Don't let the Raw women's division take away from what could be a strong title rivalry for SDL.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

You kind of do if you want to have two hot women's matches for WM.

Meh. That's a bit extreme. I'm sure they have a strong chance of screwing an angle up, but I don't think a missed show post-Rumble (3 months away?) will ruin the hotness of the Smackdown women's title match. If it becomes a regular thing then it would get the Brock backlash, but I don't see that happening outside of a random injury.

Now they can do a tweet about how next week champion Asuka returns to Smackdown (even though it's only been a week) and as she's cutting a promo some new blood or god knows who cuts her off. Fight or war of words. Badabing badaboom. Feud. 

Saying that, I guess don't really care. I don't think an added segment with her THIS week would have added or taken away from the episode or her future appeal to me as a viewer or her as a champion. If you give her a match or an interview I guess we can shorten one of the bits? Less Shane? I don't know. A video package saying she'll show up next week or something would be ideal and keep her mystique as a special attraction. They have plenty of time to let something build. Or even have her save Naomi from a beatdown and be in the tag chamber. 

All in all, good fun Smackdown. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Here's how the Truth stuff went.  

R-Truth was granted a U.S. title match with Nakamura because he had his Royal Rumble spot taken.  

R-Truth pinned Nakamura via roll up to WIN THE U.S. TITLE.  Nakamura actually had his shoulder up at two and the referee missed it.  

Rusev came out and said this is all bullshit. Face me right now for the U.S. title.  

Lana and Carmella got into it and Rusev went after Carmella.  Truth stepped in and said okay let's fight.  

R-Truth wins against Rusev with a roll up and RETAINS.  

Nakamura shows back up and kills Truth.  Rusev joins in and stomps Truth as well..  

In the back the Good Brothers step to Rusev and say "hey, what's your deal? Why you do that to Truth?".   Rusev says fuck off.  Nakamura shows up and has Rusev's back.  

Next week on SMACKDOWN it's the Good Brothers vs. Rusev & Nakamura.  Rusev told Nakamura "I'll team with you once,  do not screw me over." 

I loved all of this. 

I don't know...I just think the storyline just made no sense whatsoever in storyline.

R-Truth didn't earn a United States Title opportunity- he never even pinned Carmella yet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mandy Rose. So, I liked that they went ALL the way back to Tough Enough to reference why she hates Naomi.  That was interesting though I mean she can't take constructive criticism at all can she,  wow.  

One thing that didn't make sense.  Her and Sonya "declared" themselves for the Elimination Chamber match to determine the women's tag champions.  Why can they declare but the women on RAW have to go through qualifying matches?  Makes no sense.  In reality, I'm guessing someone on the writing team realized they don't have enough women on the roster to do six qualifiers.