DVDVR Message Board

Daisy, We Hardly Knew Ye - SDL - 1/29/2019

Dolfan in NYC

There was an interview with Joe years ago where the reporter asked him "are you related to The Rock?"

"No"

"I thought all Samoans were cousins."

"We are."

And I could never figure if it was a dig at The Rock, or him just kinda laughing at the difference between being related biologically and culturally.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Western Samoa and American Samoa are two different countries. It's not even the same day either side of the border.

Given the Tongans seem to be in, that barely matters. 

The Rock's mother basically insisted that Joe come on board anyway. It's always been the case of Joe just being proud of his own family heritage, but he's essentially an affiliated member at this point.

5 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

Hopefully Harper joins them as a stable? I'm not sure how they pun up his name to make it more recyclable though.

I see Harper joining them. As long as he and Rowan are in WWE, they're going to be linked together.

The Bryan Family vs. The Club would produce some kick ass six man tags.

• Like 3

One Planeteer down. Just need a black guy, a Soviet, an Asian female and a South American now. 

Even going one step further, as part of obtaining the rights to this, you get a promo where Daniel Bryan brings out Ted Turner to lecture Vince McMahon on their generation's failings. That would be the fucking all time best.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

Oh yeah, Samoa Joe remains the best promo in the company. The only people that come close are Daniel Bryan and Paul Heyman. I really think if Joe were around 50 to 100 lbs lighter, basically close to his ROH weight, then he would have been a WWE champion by now instead of being a gatekeeper.

Promo was like nails on a chalkboard until Joe came out. I love Mustafa Ali's Twitter videos where it seems like he's shooting from the hip. When he's doing promos like this and working from WWE writers' scripts, he sounds terrible.

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Western Samoa and American Samoa are two different countries. It's not even the same day either side of the border.

As an islander - it really doesn't matter. We are all cousins. Chamorro (my family-Guam), Samoa, Tonga, Maori, Hawai'i... The only difference is Samoans are the big boys. ;)

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

As an islander - it really doesn't matter. We are all cousins. Chamorro (my family-Guam), Samoa, Tonga, Maori, Hawai'i... The only difference is Samoans are the big boys. ;)

I'm part islander. That island happens to be Crete, however. @NikoBaltimore

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

Oh yeah, Samoa Joe remains the best promo in the company. The only people that come close are Daniel Bryan and Paul Heyman. I really think if Joe were around 50 to 100 lbs lighter, basically close to his ROH weight, then he would have been a WWE champion by now instead of being a gatekeeper.

"Pretend this is an AA meeting and keep your mouth shut while I'm sharing with the group." Joe is a SAVAGE

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

"Pretend this is an AA meeting and keep your mouth shut while I'm sharing with the group." Joe is a SAVAGE

You know there's no one in the back capable of writing a line like that. That's why Joe is awesome. He straight up ethers people on the mic.

Give that man a fucking championship run already.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

20 minutes ago, Craig H said:

You know there's no one in the back capable of writing a line like that. That's why Joe is awesome. He straight up ethers people on the mic.

Give that man a fucking championship run already.

Fucking awesome line. That's one you'll remember.

8 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

Best part of that is Orton losing his shit for the line.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Best part of that is Orton losing his shit for the line.

It was so good it even made Jeff break. Another time where I would love to be a fly on the wall when they all got to the back. They all had to be high fiving and hugging each other for that line.

• Like 5