DVDVR Message Board

Daisy, We Hardly Knew Ye - SDL - 1/29/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Rusev makes everything work, but I don't get turning him here.

Much like Elias last night... You have two guys that they had as heels who were so entertaining the crowd started getting behind them. They turn them face, let it run for a little while, and then just randomly out of the blue, BOOM, they're heels! No explanation, no reason, just turned and got heat on a former NWA champion.

• Like 2

Also, you cannot tell me I'm getting Rey vs Joe and then just distract me with Zelina and continuing a great feud and Zelina and what was I saying?

Bryan asking who won and getting a deafening Becky chant was the best.

That chamber match should be incredible.

• Like 4

Missed the first half hour due to DVR troubles.

Rusev going heel again like Elias on Raw is bs, and I hope both get a course correction.

Mandy Rose hating Naomi due to Tough Enough was a nice callback. Disappointed her and Sona were able to just declare themselves for the EC. No reason we couldn't have brought in some NXT women to fight for the spot.

The elimination tag match was good fun.

Loved Rowan being known as an intellectual again and Bryan actually following through on the new WWE Title.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Rusev makes everything work, but I don't get turning him here.

Much like Elias last night... You have two guys that they had as heels who were so entertaining the crowd started getting behind them. They turn them face, let it run for a little while, and then just randomly out of the blue, BOOM, they're heels! No explanation, no reason, just turned and got heat on a former NWA champion.

Drifter i can understand more, since him turning face went absolutely nowhere. Plus, you can always heat him back up doing the exact same schtick that got him over to begin with.

Rusev, im right there with you. Crowds have been dying to be given a reason to really rally behind him, and he probably would have been killed off already if he wasn't good at making even the dumbest of things work. Whole thing just feels like a "fuck you, that's why" to the fans

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Rusev going heel again like Elias on Raw is bs, and I hope both get a course correction.

3 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

Drifter i can understand more, since him turning face went absolutely nowhere. Plus, you can always heat him back up doing the exact same schtick that got him over to begin with.

Yeah, Elias turning back heel didn't exactly make sense, but neither did his face turn. I'm not sure returning him to face would be a course correction - the gimmick is a *very* heel gimmick and they clearly didn't have a storyline in mind for him post-turn unless you count being caught in the black hole of Corbin for a couple of weeks. Like most heels now, some parts of the crowd are going to cheer him anyway. Just let him do the gimmick and be a heel like he's supposed to be.

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

What a blistering promo by Samoa Joe.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Joe got booking which backed up his amazing promo skills and swagger? I've made the comparison before, but its like how he and Becky are both great promos, but only Becky got booking which convinced fans they were right to believe everything she says because she could be seen as backing everything up, rather than Joe's style of great promos then losing the big match.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RIShane said:

Wouldn't it be amazing if Joe got booking which backed up his amazing promo skills and swagger? I've made the comparison before, but its like how he and Becky are both great promos, but only Becky got booking which convinced fans they were right to believe everything she says because she could be seen as backing everything up, rather than Joe's style of great promos then losing the big match.

He really should have had a title run last year.

I think they left some money on the table not running with a Joe / Usos heel stable that runs wild on Smackdown with the belts. I know Joe isn’t part of the clan technically but all three of those dudes carry themselves with amazing swagger and would have crushed promos and six man tags. Merch with whatever name they gave themselves would have sold big.

Maybe they can still do this.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

He really should have had a title run last year.

I think they left some money on the table not running with a Joe / Usos heel stable that runs wild on Smackdown with the belts. I know Joe isn’t part of the clan technically but all three of those dudes carry themselves with amazing swagger and would have crushed promos and six man tags. Merch with whatever name they gave themselves would have sold big.

Maybe they can still do this.

When you're an islander everyone is a cousin. It really doesn't matter if you're blood or not.

18 minutes ago, RIShane said:

Well said. Hope at some point Samoa Joe gets a run as WWE Champion.