DVDVR Message Board

PIKACHU, I CHOOSE YOU! - Raw - 1/28/2019

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

As far as the match taking place at Evolution - I'm not sure it's a good idea to tie up 6 of the biggest female stars up in one match. What else would pad out the show?

The rumored plan was the majority of the show was a Queen of the Ring open to the women across all their rosters

So that actually would eliminate the issue of 6 of the biggest stars in the tournament with potentially all of them having to lose

This way the tournament could be 16 women with (randomly picking names)

Nia, Alexa, Naomi, Asuka, Bianca, Lacey, Nikki, Rhea, Toni, Mandy, Sonya, Mella, Kairi, Io, Candice, Nattie

That is why I was saying it would be the non-tournament match on the card

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

As far as the match taking place at Evolution - I'm not sure it's a good idea to tie up 6 of the biggest female stars up in one match. What else would pad out the show?

WWE Tag Titles, NXT Women's Title, NXT UK Women's Title, SDL Women's Title, Finals (and possible semis) of the MYC or QoR. The show doesn't need too many matches. War Games would need time, and we could maybe avoid stuff like Io/Toni getting cut short at 10 minutes. Not every woman on the roster needs to participate this time.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

WWE Tag Titles, NXT Women's Title, NXT UK Women's Title, SDL Women's Title, Finals (and possible semis) of the MYC or QoR. The show doesn't need too many matches. War Games would need time, and we could maybe avoid stuff like Io/Toni getting cut short at 10 minutes. Not every woman on the roster needs to participate this time.

Not really what I was asking - I meant names. You're assuming that 2 of those titles (SDL and Tag) won't be on a Horsewoman by the time Evolution rolls around. My concern was that the PPV would consist of 4HW-4HW, Asuka-Nia, and an entire card full of people who have either gotten zero exposure on the MR shows or have essentially been JTTS on the MR shows for a long time.

RIPPA's answer makes sense, though I'm not sure Vince allows a 16-person one-night tournament to happen on his watch.

45 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Not really what I was asking - I meant names. You're assuming that 2 of those titles (SDL and Tag) won't be on a Horsewoman by the time Evolution rolls around. My concern was that the PPV would consist of 4HW-4HW, Asuka-Nia, and an entire card full of people who have either gotten zero exposure on the MR shows or have essentially been JTTS on the MR shows for a long time.

RIPPA's answer makes sense, though I'm not sure Vince allows a 16-person one-night tournament to happen on his watch.

For 4HW vs. 4HW to work well they kind of need to be on the same show. I would guess the tag belts would be off them by that point purely so they could have an extra match on the show. By that point I could easily see the tag belts on IIconics, Absolution, Riott Squad, Nia/Tamina, or even the Bellas. You have people like Nikki Cross and Lacey coming up, and I wouldn't be shocked if others come up by then as well. Any of them could easily have been built up to title contender by that point or a rebuilt Naomi or Alexa could go for the belt. Hell, they could retry Alexa vs. Trish. Honestly,  I feel its too early to worry about anyways, especially since we have no idea if 4HW vs. 4HW will even be happening by that point, let alone that they might do a big 4 on 4 tag match there and not wait for SS.

12 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I might be wrong, but I don't believe Vince or the normal production crew were involved in the first Evolution.

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I might be wrong, but I don't believe Vince or the normal production crew were involved in the first Evolution.

Correct.  Evolution was all NXT producers, with HHH running the show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2019 at 4:10 PM, JonnyLaw said:

So far we’ve gotten Sasha, Becky, and Bayley flashing the four fingers.

I thought that was Sasha telling Ronda that she is a four time champion.