DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2019 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Shane vs. Miz at WM with Shane jumping off reproduction of the Statue of Liberty. 

Go full “Hollywood Brawl” & have them start the show, leave the arena & fight all over NYC.

Final shot of Mania is Shane jumping off the ACTUAL Statue of Liberty.

He turns up on SDL with a bandage on his head & a black eye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

So what was the point of having a Becky/Asuka title match, let alone Asuka going over clean?

From here, you either need Becky to put over Charlotte at the next PPV to set up a triple threat match, or Charlotte wins the Elimination Chamber, leaving Asuka to defend on probably the pre-show against *insert random battle royale winner here* which means she didn't really need to beat Becky clean?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Go full “Hollywood Brawl” & have them start the show, leave the arena & fight all over NYC.

Final shot of Mania is Shane jumping off the ACTUAL Statue of Liberty.

He turns up on SDL with a bandage on his head & a black eye.

If they go the Hollywood Brawl route, expect Shane to be chasing Miz in a white Bronco down the New Jersey Turnpike.

• Haha 2

Haven't watched Raw since football started (watch Smackdown religiously) and haven't been around here much so wasn't sure who was over or favorited for the Rumble, but this was about as good a WWE ppv as they come. Men's Rumble was kinda shitty, but I'm down with ims winning and loved the JJ spot. Women's Rumble was perfect and the rest of the card was great.

Raw tag match was fine, but the stip makes no sense if you are then going to just have the champs win.

Cruiser cluster was a fun cruiser cluster. Shrug

Rusev/Nak was... Fine? Sure. The Christmas match was way better.

Becky/Asuka was fucking great. If Becky and Charlotte are both going to RAW to challenge Ronda, who the fuck does Asuka work at Mania? There are zero credible heels, and the next highest face is Naomi, who hasn't been treated as a threat in over a year.

SmackDown Tag was.   

Ronda/Sasha was fucking great. Hope the tease pays off down the road.

Women's Rumble told a great story with sloppy wrestling, but the closing stretch was all time great.

Bryan/AJ was okay, but not great.

Bàlor/Brock was fantastic and Bàlor looked like the best guy in the entire show. World class selling, great bumping, his offense clicked. Brock worked his ass off. I want Lesnar/Demon at Mania.

Pete Dunne was the star of the men's Rumble. Fuck that match. And that pop for Seth winning was pretty anemic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RolandTHTG said:

So what was the point of having a Becky/Asuka title match, let alone Asuka going over clean?

From here, you either need Becky to put over Charlotte at the next PPV to set up a triple threat match, or Charlotte wins the Elimination Chamber, leaving Asuka to defend on probably the pre-show against *insert random battle royale winner here* which means she didn't really need to beat Becky clean?

I'm thinking Charlotte wins the EC and faces Asuka. Maybe Asuka gets the win she should have last year.

• Like 1

Oh, and Charlotte is totally going to call foul on Becky being allowed to enter without official notice. Make it where Finley didn't have the right to do that, and Charlotte gets herself declared the Rumble winner.

Having Becky do that brings up a sticking point: what would they have done if Sasha had tried the same thing?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Because if you don't give Asuka the clean win, and then you send Becky and Charlotte both after the other belt, you've completely destroyed the SDL women's division.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Web Conn said:

Jeff Jarrett had no business in that gear but other than that his appearance was pretty cool. They rushed the fuck out of the Men's Rumble.

Jarrett should have been wearing his Don't Pi** Me Off shirt.

Very happy with the Asuka win. She looks like a badass again. Plus with Becky winning the rumble and still limping as she raises her fist, she still comes out like a tough character. Now you can have the dream triple threat for the Raw belt and the Smackdown title doesn't look second rate in comparison. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm thinking Charlotte wins the EC and faces Asuka. Maybe Asuka gets the win she should have last year.

Charlotte going after the SD title makes the most sense, plus you've got the story of whether or not Asuka can hold onto her title after Charlotte had her number at WM last year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

If Nia had eliminated either Rey or Orton or both after eating their finishers then I don't think the Nia thing would have been so bad.

Honestly, it didn't end up bothering me. It was so "what the fuck, Nia?!?" And then they didn't do anything contrived to avoid attacking her, they treated her like a legit threat.

• Like 3

I lost it when Johnny came out and then eliminated Jinder.

Say what you want, but Johnny is no bigger/smaller than Mustafa Ali according to their Wiki's and Mustafa is doing just fine on SDL.