DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2019 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

Random other things that seem another lifetime ago

I have no idea what the point of Rezsr and Dawson teaming were if they weren’t going to win

Rusev not getting a Rumble spot is some bullshit

Best part of Rowan going with Bryan is that Luke Harper can go after the US title when he gets back

Have no idea who is gonna take the title off Buddy Murphy

Shane last held a title almost 19 years ago

Camera work was shit all night but at least they managed to not show Becky’s boob popping out

2 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

feel like it took some shine off of Mustafa Ali to have her throw him out (relatively easily) too.

which was disappointing and surprising since they seemed conscious of trying to give him a Good Showing

Yeah. Nia eliminating Ali was bullshit, especially after they had Ali eliminate fucking Samoa Joe and last a half hour.

Jesus, I just had a terrible thought. Please don't insert Nia into the Joe/Ali program. 

I haven't watched in awhile, but that was the most interested I've been in Balor or Brock in a loooooong time.

When I saw Finn's parents sitting behind Cole, I really thought he was going to win. I honestly wouldn't mind them going Demon at Mania and Bryan/Seth.

The first half of the Women's Rumble was rough, but it came around.

Expanded thoughts:

- Raw tag title match was unnecessary though I kinda like how everyone assumed the Roode/Gable thing was just to set up a turn and nope...they are just now a team. Gable, incidentally, has gotten really jacked and put on weight. Sad that he can't put on six inches in height tho. 

- Nak vs Rusev wasn't nearly as good as the TV switch a few weeks back. Both guys were phoning it in pretty hard. 

- CW four-way was a good spot-fest and Murphy could probably adapt well to the main roster with his strike heavy offense. He basically wrestles like Seth. 

-  Asuka vs Becky was GREAT. I kinda dig that the women's division is basically just grappling and submissions now. All the women have basically joined Catch Point. Toni Storm needs to start busting out leg-locks to make it uniform across the brands. 

- Shane and Miz is a fun angle. Match was what it was. Cesaro and Sheamus need to do something else with their life. Send them to the UK brand. 

- Rousey vs Banks was sloppy, stiff, messy and fantastic. Rousey has been a home run here. 

- Women's Rumble was a mess for most of it. As I said in a previous post, a lot of the women's roster is either not very good, very inexperienced, or very inexperienced in this setting. This match needed a Chris Jericho-type to direct traffic. They nailed the ending, though. So that's good. 

- AJ vs Bryan was...well...I need to rewatch it. I certainly was tired from the Rumble, the crowd didn't care and they worked a very long, methodical match with a cheap finish. With that finish, just do a 12 minute sprint. A match like that just gets swallowed up in these long ass stadium shows, especially with Bryan working this character designed to not get pops from the fans. It was just the wrong layout for that show at that spot.  

- Brock and Finn was fantastic. Loved the finish. Hope the post-match layout means that this feud continues down the line. 

- Men's Rumble was great. Actually showed how the WWE has one really great roster that they've diluted in their 10,000 brands. It's all a blur but they set up a lot of fun stuff moving forward with a lot of the eliminations. The tropey Seth takes a nap and comes back to win ending is so overdone at this point but that's how they book babyfaces. Shit, they did the same with Lynch earlier basically. Probably one of the better Rumbles in a while. Rollins is the best choice to win because this company has two heel champions and no babyfaces to speak of. 

I dunno....one of the better Rumble shows in a while. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

looking forward to Daniel Bryan bringing back the Wyatt Family as AVALANCHE

Oh my god, Daniel Bryan making this comeback as an extremely long revenge arc against Bray would be fucking incredible. 

• Like 3

Really good show with a flat ending. Ronda vs Sasha was probably my MOTN. I could do without the silly comedy stuff and stupid feet not touching the floor elimination saves. If you lose contact with the ring at any point you should be fucking eliminated no more of this laying on your back bullshit with your feet in the air. I thought Dunne looked like he belonged out there and would love to see him on SDL.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Matt D said:

1. I had done the math in my head and with three guys left, I knew it was Truth, Orton, and someone else. I knew there was a chance someone might take Truth's place, but probably in a gimmicky way since they did that already with Becky, so not a big star surprise winner or anything. 

Then out came Dolph Ziggler.

The bleakest of all definitions of "Someone Else."

Same here, once we got to #26, I'm doing the calculations in my head, "Okay, we know Truth is 30, and Braun hasn't come out, so the other two are......KO and Sami?"
(Dolph's music hits)
"Well crap."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh my god, Daniel Bryan making this comeback as an extremely long revenge arc against Bray would be fucking incredible. 

like The Rock usurping NOD leadership from Farooq :)

Not sure what Alicia Fox is supposed to be anymore, but her entrance looked like a taunt from one of those old Nintendo 64 WCW games when you pressed the joystick to power up before hitting your special move.